Sign in to follow this  
rjchalklin1

Rudder Problems P3D V4.3

I have been tweaking around with my ingame P3D settings and my P3D.cfg to increase my FPS. However when i tested it with one of my PMDG aircrafts i had encountered that my rudder was extremely slower then usual inwhich i can barely turn on the ground when moving at a reasonable taxi speed. All other controls work such as turning, rotation etc. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall but with no luck, i have tried to reset the controls to defaults but again with no luck, i have tried to calibrate my controller but yet again with no luck, all i had to do was slew (which is boring to do).

Has anyone ever encountered a problem similar to this one? If so, please let me know or give me any suggestions

Edited by rjchalklin1

8 hours ago, GHarrall said:

Yaw damper set on?

I'm not sure. I'm going out today. I shall check and test and I'll let you know if it worked or not

for me

a reasonable taxi speed is ?

controller is ?

how assigned & calibrated ?

pmdg which ?

ps ...pedal nosewheel steering is not tiller steering is not pedal rudder control ........

for now, cheers

john martin

6 hours ago, vadriver said:

for me

a reasonable taxi speed is ?

controller is ?

how assigned & calibrated ?

pmdg which ?

ps ...pedal nosewheel steering is not tiller steering is not pedal rudder control ........

Reasonal Taxi Speed: 14knots

Controller: 5 Axis, 12-button with POV

PMDG: 737, 747 & 777

Calibration:

Sensitivity:

Alierons Axis:  64

Elevator Axis: 64

Rudder Axis: 64

Throttle Axis: 127

Null Zone:

Alierons Axis:  36

Elevator Axis: 36

Rudder Axis: 36

Throttle Axis: 1

Edited by rjchalklin1

so, I assume the twist axis of your joystick is assigned to rudder axis ..... that is pedal nosewheel steer & rudder control above 40kts.

in the sim at 14kts, the nosewheel should deflect to 60o or so as per the aircraft.cfg with your assignment / calibrations

[contact_points]              // IAS values increased
point.0=1,  40.823,   0.000,  -8.191,  1100, 0, 1.125,  60.0, 0.714, 1.31, 0.725, 8.0, 7.5, 0, 245.0, 335.0

....... but ironically in the real, pedal nws is only about 7o and one uses a tiller nws to deflect to 78o (the pmdg737's included fcom v2ch14 refers as does fsuipc's alternative assignment methods)

guessing now, I suspect your experience is faulty hardware related.

for now, cheers

john martin

20 hours ago, vadriver said:

so, I assume the twist axis of your joystick is assigned to rudder axis ..... that is pedal nosewheel steer & rudder control above 40kts.

in the sim at 14kts, the nosewheel should deflect to 60o or so as per the aircraft.cfg with your assignment / calibrations

[contact_points]              // IAS values increased
point.0=1,  40.823,   0.000,  -8.191,  1100, 0, 1.125,  60.0, 0.714, 1.31, 0.725, 8.0, 7.5, 0, 245.0, 335.0

....... but ironically in the real, pedal nws is only about 7o and one uses a tiller nws to deflect to 78o (the pmdg737's included fcom v2ch14 refers as does fsuipc's alternative assignment methods)

guessing now, I suspect your experience is faulty hardware related.

I've found out the problem now, there was a setting in EZDOK that was causing it

does EZDOK have steering settings ??

for now, cheers

john martin

13 hours ago, vadriver said:

does EZDOK have steering settings ??

It does, well i saw a youtube video and someone had the same problem, it was a 'fuselage shakes' setting in EZDOK that was causing it

thanks for your note ....

for now, cheers

john martin