Sign in to follow this  
Earl_Buice

Fantastic Air Scheffel 737-800W returns!

Hi gang,I've been looking for the incredible Air Scheffel plane to show up in the Avsim library for a couple of days. I haven't seen it yet. Flightsim has it and it is fantastic! http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kdl/main/70/as738.zip?$ (log in first)This plane has everything except a VC and FMC. You won't miss them, trust me. Arjan Scheffel is a genius and artist. This thing is freeware!Read this review by Chip Barber at Flightsim:http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/review/scheffel.htmThis is my new go to plane. Thanks Arjan and all who he credits with assitance for giving such a great addon to the community. I'm gone flying!God bless,Earl

Guest thedoggg

Nice find, downloading now. I have the PMDG but this is still worth a look.Regards, Carlos

Hey everyone,Update! You can now get it here at Avsim! http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=89171It doesn't matter what other addons you have. You don't have a plane with all these features. The automated checklist and automated announcements and callouts are so well done! You can start up the plane and fly it and land it with just following the checklist!Oh yeah... now you can have the flight attendant bring you coffee or soda! Arjan thought of everything.Try my flight with it:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=89155This will give you a cold and dark cockpit to start from with a flight plan and weather adventure.Enjoy!Earl

Earl,Is this one updated from the previous or is it the same please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Dave,This one is muchly updated! muchly? severely updated! If you liked the first one, you'll love this one! Have a look at chip Barber's review at Flightsim. It is all of that and more.Take care,Earl

Yes, I was a little confused too.Tried the latest (thanks for the heads up) and it is indeed a big improvement.Just one question if someone can help.My left and right cabin views work well but my forward cabin view seems to have a resolution problem. I didn't have this problem in the previous version.Any ideas please.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153268.jpg

John

Hi John,IMHO it could be something to do with 16 or 32 bit colors. Maybe a very dark grey is reduced to black (RGB 0,0,0) and becoming transparent.rgds,Hugo

Thanks Hugo.I fact, I eventually solved it but removing a line in panel.cfg.If anyone's interested, the line in question is ...[Fixed Window43]file=dummy.bmp (remove or deactivate this line)size_mm=1280position=0visible=0ident=43nomenu=1gauge00=AS738!CabinFwd,0,0,1280,960gauge01=AS738!TFT1,482,292,131,96gauge02=AS738!TFT2,386,430,72,52gauge03=AS738!TFT3,337,506,37,26gauge04=AS738!TFT3,304,548,21,16gauge05=AS738!TFT4,1113,444,57,43gauge06=AS738!TFT2,779,507,34,26gauge07=AS738!TFT2,563,546,21,16

John

Earl,I have and fly regulary the PMDG 737ng's with no problems. This aircraft has bugs!After meticuosly carrying out cold and dark starts, starting with engines running, opening the throttles for starting the takeoff roll leads to engines dying after attempting to spool up?Either I have missed something (doubtful) or this one has bugs?Anyone else suffered similar?Shame this is a great freeware effort.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave and John,Arjan says in his readme that he is still refining a few things and that there will likely be another update. So, yes, there is a bug or 2. But nothing problematic.I noticed the resolution problem but I assumed Arjan would be working on it or someone sharp like John de Giorgio would fix it. I am amazed with all that is right with this plane. I go strictly by the checklist during each phase of flight and have no problems whatever starting, taxiing, taking off, navigating, approaching, landing, taxiing, etc., etc. Is it totally perfect? No. He is working on a couple of missing side views for the 2D mode cockpit view. He is looking to update with a VC as soon as he finds a model he likes and can adapt to... on and on.Right now, with cold and dark cockpit, I can get into the plane, start the checklist and get totally immersed in the flight. Wonderful!I'm not sure what could be causing your problem, Dave. Please try my flight which gives you cold and dark (see link above). Then start up the checklist and make sure everything is checked. Having said that, there are a few items I haven't found yet like the GPWS test, I just have to check it off manually. I can't think of any others right now but there might be one or two...I hope that works Dave.Thanks for the fix for the passenger cabin view, John. It works perfectly. i wish I knew why! hahaha.Thanks again eveyone.God bless,Earl

I haven't>found yet like the GPWS test, I just have to check it off>manually. Its located on the top right-hand side of the throttles panel Earl. Its all in the manual which is seperate from the executable file. Yes, I have used both your file and 'engines running' as stated in my previous post.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,Thanks for pointing me to the GPWS test button. I'll try to duplicate your problem tonight and see what I can suggest. I'm sorry you are having trouble. Maybe you should go ahead and email Arjan. His email address is: arjanscheffel@hotmail.com Thanks again Dave,earl

>Thanks for the fix for the passenger cabin view, John. It>works perfectly. i wish I knew why! hahaha.>>EarlYou're welcome Earl. I wish I knew why too! Completely foxes me. LOL.I had a look at the previous version and noticed that the line was missing. Tried it in the new version and bingo!I absolutely agree with the total immersion. I've been flying the previous version regularly, but Arjan must have put a lot of time and effort into this update.OK, don't laugh. I have the poor flight attendant with my coffee asking me to unlock the cabin door. I tried every switch and button possible, but other than setting fire to engine 1 and dumping a good part of my fuel, I still can't manage to get the cabin door open.

John

John,Go to the Radio view. Bottom right corner. Placee switch in auto... wait! It takes a few seconds for her to realize you've opened the door.Took me amonth to find it back when the first one came out. Wait till you get the door open! You'll hear a different attendant with a different message.... and responses!Arjan is amazing!I think Arjan should win the best new plane category in the latest Reader's Choice Awards. I wonder if we could write in Arjan's name?Thanks again, John.God bless,Earl

John,oooops! I meant to say place the door switch in unlocked position. not auto. SorryDave,I tried everything I could think of but could not put the plane into a mode where it would start up and taxi out to the runway at KDCA and then have the engines die during runup. I don't have a clue what might be wrong. Please go ahead and email Arjan and let us know what he says.Thanks,Earl