Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

'Spot' view problem & feedback

Hi - a couple of questions and some feedback on a great product here. 

I'm having a problem understanding how to set up the external camera system. I'm essentially basing this on the viewing system that's builtin to p3d. By default (without Chaseplane) , when I'm flying, and I go into spot view, the camera will stay level with the ground; if the plane banks, it does so on the screen, and the background stays level. When I use the external view on Chaseplane, however, it's like the camera is attached to the wing - the plane stays still on my screen and the background moves. It's it possible to make it like the builtin camera, so I can see the plane bank, rather than it being attached to the plane? 

Secondly, I used to have a program years ago that moved the 'tower' view along with the aircraft. Its like you saw the plane from a distance of x-feet, and then moved on when the plane flew past, so you could see the plane approaching again. Its like a view that stepped along side your aircraft. I loved it. Will it be a part of Chaseplane at some point? 

Lastly, I just wanted to report a problem with a part of Chaseplane that you've made clear is in production, so I don't expect it to work normally - but I thought I'd let you know. The REPLAY part is something I can't use yet because when I come out of it (pressing the stop button), it loads up the aircraft I had previously set up on my flight - not the one it recorded, not the plane I landed in (which is what I did the recording of). Anyway, I thought I'd let you know. 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

1. Yes you can (If you use P3D), enable Gimbal in Camera > Advanced it's really as simple as that. You can even move around the aircraft freely, something you cannot do using the Spot View.
  2. I know what you are talking about, I've seen that camera a few years ago! Sadly, due to SDK limitations, we are unable to provide that camera with ChasePlane.
  3. Thanks for the report! We will get to those issues after v1.0 releases (soon). We will ping back the community when we get there and I would appreciate if you could report those issues back to us at that point.

I hope that answers your questions!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Brill, thanks for getting back to me, mate, and good luck with Chaseplane. 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook