Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Using Pro ATC X

20 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I find it best to not but a SID or STAR into PROATC, as ATC will do that when asking for clearance.

Hi David,

If PATC basicly inserts a SID and/or STAR into a particular, wouldn't that cause some strange routing if the flightplan already does contain them. For example, a flightplan includes waypoints A, B, & C, which represent a specific SID. If PATC tries to put in vectoring for their desired SID, couldn't the flight go D, E, F, (their SID), then A, B, C?

Questions that make you wonder... but I do agree that PATC wants to provide a SID/STAR as part of their process.

Mike

I've used ProATC everyday ( 2 sometimes 3 flights) since just after it was released, which tells you I have had a fairly trouble free experience, yes, even in the early days. In it's latest incarnation I am getting 9 out of 10 flights that are 99.999 perfect. Regarding the 747, I used the inbuilt 777 path, which I swapped for my 747, works perfectly. I also create most of my flights with SimBrief then copy and paste the route into PATC (minus SIDs & STARs). If you need any help give me a shout via my ProATC FB page:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565/?ref=bookmarks

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, orbmis said:

Hi David,

If PATC basicly inserts a SID and/or STAR into a particular, wouldn't that cause some strange routing if the flightplan already does contain them. For example, a flightplan includes waypoints A, B, & C, which represent a specific SID. If PATC tries to put in vectoring for their desired SID, couldn't the flight go D, E, F, (their SID), then A, B, C?

Questions that make you wonder... but I do agree that PATC wants to provide a SID/STAR as part of their process.

Mike

You can't put a sid or a star in a PATC flightplan, it won't accept it. Only waypoints that are valid. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You can't put a sid or a star in a PATC flightplan, it won't accept it. Only waypoints that are valid. 

Yes,, I understand that. But what would happen if the 1st waypoint or 2nd waypoint in my flightplan was -part- of the SID that PATC is wanting me to use? Note in my example, I didn't enter a SID, but waypoints.

Thx.

1 minute ago, orbmis said:

Yes,, I understand that. But what would happen if the 1st waypoint or 2nd waypoint in my flightplan was -part- of the SID that PATC is wanting me to use? Note in my example, I didn't enter a SID, but waypoints.

Thx.

I don't use PATC anymore, but if I remember correctly, if it sees a waypoint that is part of a sid, it will assign that sid. Not 100% sure, so try it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't use PATC anymore, but if I remember correctly, if it sees a waypoint that is part of a sid, it will assign that sid. Not 100% sure, so try it. 

OK..I'll try to put one together in PATC, and see how it reacts.

10 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

I've used ProATC everyday ( 2 sometimes 3 flights) since just after it was released, which tells you I have had a fairly trouble free experience, yes, even in the early days. In it's latest incarnation I am getting 9 out of 10 flights that are 99.999 perfect. Regarding the 747, I used the inbuilt 777 path, which I swapped for my 747, works perfectly. I also create most of my flights with SimBrief then copy and paste the route into PATC (minus SIDs & STARs). If you need any help give me a shout via my ProATC FB page:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565/?ref=bookmarks

How do you avoid conflicts with ai a/c. In my experience, about 30% of runway assignments by PATC are "wrong". It means that in such cases, ai traffic take offs/landings are in the opposite direction compared to assignments given by PATC. It happens mostly in low wind or crosswind conditions.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

10 hours ago, Nemo said:

How do you avoid conflicts with ai a/c. In my experience, about 30% of runway assignments by PATC are "wrong". It means that in such cases, ai traffic take offs/landings are in the opposite direction compared to assignments given by PATC. It happens mostly in low wind or crosswind conditions.

With ASP4 and ProATC set correctly I very rarely  have this problem, and if I do I just ask ATC for the correct runway.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

26 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

With ASP4 and ProATC set correctly I very rarely  have this problem, and if I do I just ask ATC for the correct runway.

That's been my experience also.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

10 hours ago, Nemo said:

There are basically 3 ways to control RWY assignment in ProATCX, with varying success:

1. Go to Data -> Airports -> Aiports and set the DEP and ARR Runways accordingly (and switch off other RWYs entirely if necessary). I sometimes do that on Airports with a specific preferential RWY system (like EHAM), or cross runway ops (like LSZH for example)

2. Go to Options -> In-Flight and enable the "Try to assign the runway used by AI" option (not sure if this completely ignores the setting described under 1.)

3. Request a different RWY after SID/STAR has been assigned by ATC