Sign in to follow this  
rjchalklin1

Recommended Settings P3DV4.3

I had took a break from P3D for a bit inwhich before i did i usually got 40-50FPS mostly around open areas, but now i only get 20-30fps in the same area (no settings changed), i haven't added/installed any addons. I had been trying very hard to change the settings and get a boost of FPS but i can't seem to. I am mainly concerned about the London area, i can never seem to get over 20fps although i do have Aerosoft Heathrow & VFR London X activated the way i had my settings, it wasn't very impressive

Can anyone recommend any settings?

Scenery Addons:

ORBX FTX Global

OpenLC Europe,OpenLC North America & South America, FTX Trees, England, Scotland, Wales, Australia, Norway,

VFR London X

My system is:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460S CPU @ 2.90GHx, 2901 Mhx, 4 Cores (s)

Windows 10

16GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Might of missed out any essential system info.

Edited by rjchalklin1

Hi!

You might start by looking for 'prepar3dv4 settings' on Youtube. Q8Pilot has a video of his recommendations.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Your rig just about meets the min system requirements for v4 and with all the addons your running I would suggest you start dialing back all of the settings to get a reasonable stable flight. then increase a little at a time. perhaps you may need to think about some of the add-ons your  running.

bob

edit .. I should have added your doing ok if your getting 20-30 fps. I can run at 30 on my rig I7 4770 4.2o/c with a gtx 1080 ti w10

Edited by onebob

1 hour ago, onebob said:

Your rig just about meets the min system requirements for v4 and with all the addons your running I would suggest you start dialing back all of the settings to get a reasonable stable flight. then increase a little at a time. perhaps you may need to think about some of the add-ons your  running.

bob

edit .. I should have added your doing ok if your getting 20-30 fps. I can run at 30 on my rig I7 4770 4.2o/c with a gtx 1080 ti w10

I knew it may of been some of the addons that may of been a problem e.g Aerosoft Heathrow, VFR London X.

Does ORBX FTX Global & Trees have any impact on the FPS?

2 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi!

You might start by looking for 'prepar3dv4 settings' on Youtube. Q8Pilot has a video of his recommendations.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Richard

Thanks Richard for the reply, i shall have a look through.

1 hour ago, rjchalklin1 said:

Does ORBX FTX Global & Trees have any impact on the FPS?

I don't have orbx Global installed but run FTX PNW, NC, SC, Central Rockies , Northern Rockies,Pacific Fjords , Pacific Northwest, Southern Alaska  and some orbx Airports and ASP4 weather, I also use Orbx trees which does not have any affect on frame rates.

I fly GA and have quite a few add-ons

hope this helps...bob

I would suggest a look into Rob Ainscough's excellent AVSIM Prepar3d guide

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/87-avsim-prepar3d-guide/

It has several recommendations for settings and moreover clearly states which sliders are CPU or GPU heavy.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:21 AM, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Hi!

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Richard

I found that video from Q8Pilot settings for P3Dv4 very interesting. I did that settings for P3Dv4 and Video card. After launched P3D it was really too slow even I don't have OBRX. I think I have to leave it back to their Default.

Patricio Valdes

I applied the Q8pilot settings seen in his video (all the steps) and it works pretty well for me,

I just changed the autogen to very high.

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

As we all keep saying - each system is different and more so when you factor in how one likes to fly. Find someone with hardware similar to yours  and copy their settings.

Adjust as necessary.

Your eyes, your system, your settings - mine won't work for you.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I found the Q8Pilot settings for P3Dv4 works for me. It was very slow loading the first time. Now, it appears working fine except I don't like watercolor view and especially from PMDG gauges. So, I disabled the option "Enable HDR Lighting" to get a better look as in FSX.

Patricio Valdes

Whatever your opinion of Carenado is in terms of realism, most people agree that they sure know how to make things look pretty, so here's what Carenado recommend for their glass cockpit-equipped DA62 on a PC with a 6Gb Geforce GTX1060:

Full Screen Settings...

1920x1080x32

Image and Texture Quality...

FXAA: On

AA: 8xMSAA

Texture Filtering: Anisotropic 16x

Texture Resolution: Ultra 4096x4096

Frame Rate...

Vsync: Off, Triple Buffering unticked, Target Frame Rate: Unlimited

View and Panel Settings...

Mipmap VC Panels: ticked

Terrain...

Level of Detail Radius: High

Tessellation Factor: High

Mesh Resolution: 19m

Texture Resolution: 1m

Use High Resolution Terrain Textures: ticked.

Scenery Objects...

Scenery Complexity: Normal

Autogen Draw Distance: Medium

Autogen Vegetation Density: Normal

Autogen Building Density: Normal

Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation: ticked

Water and Bathymetry...

Water Detail: High

Reflections...

Clouds: ticked

User Vehicle: ticked

Special Effects...

Special Effects Detail: Medium

Special Effects Distance: Medium

Lighting...

Enable HDR Lighting ticked

Brightness: 0.73

Bloom: 1.04

Saturation: 0.87

Dynamic Reflections: Ultra

Dynamic Lighting: ticked

Landing Lights Illuminate Ground: ticked

Display Lens Flare: ticked

Shadows...

Shadow Quality: Ultra

Shadow Draw Distance: Low

Casting and Receiving...

Internal Vehicle: Cast ticked, Receive ticked

External Vehicle: cast ticked, Receive ticked

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, Julia said:

That's what I get with the Q8pilot settings. I used the F-18 VRS for testing the regen. Screen is a 4K (Sony Bravia XE70 - 3840x2160

and Nvidia 1070

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXuV47zw5Y&feature=youtu.be

Did you try with disabled the option "Enable HDR Lighting"? If I keep HDR selected then I get watercolor view not realistic. From your video clip looks like the HDR is off.

Patricio Valdes

Hello Trish,

no, in the vid, the HDR is enabled. About the watercolor, you can changing the things with PTA, it needs several try to

get what you want..

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4