Sign in to follow this  
David Keff

F50 and EFB v2 Aivlasoft

Hi all,

Has anyone experience with EFB v2 from Aivlasoft? Does it have an autopilot function to follow a flightplan? And how does it react with the Fokker 50?

Greeitz,

David

Hi David,

I use EFB v1 for years, now. Haven´t even noticed a v2 until I read your post.

After looking at v2 at their homepage the basic function is still unchanged; 

The EFB seamless integrats with the simulator's default GPS system:
So the EFB has no autopilot. It sends flightplans or flightplan changes to the default GPS from FSX. To follow it, change NAV source to GPS and activate NAV in aircraft´s autopilot like usual.

And how does it react with the Fokker 50?

Hmm, as the F50 is equipped with an own FMS or like mine with FlightOne´s GTN750 the default FMX GPS system is not used with this aircraft. EFB action has no effect on the F50. 

But what if I switch the NAV source from GTN750 to FlightSim GPS ? - I think that is worth a try:

Yes, now the F50 follows EFB´s entries. But why should a user do this if one has the GTN750 - does not make sense.
and if you don´t have it and use the default Carenado Universal FMS it could be impossible to change flightsim´s internal NAV source from FMS to default GPS.

And you don´t have the route on the MFD. Maybe you want to exchange the Universal FMC with the default GPS?
That´s a lot of work and I think not worth it. 

What is your intention with this - ifyou want to have a system following SIDs/STARs I could imagine more simple solutions.

Regards

Stefan

vpa558.png

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. The reason for questening is that I find the universal FMC rather limited and the problem I have with GTN750 is that it doesn't use navigraph cycles. So I figured: why not use EFB as a FMC as we did with Aerosoft's FSC until Prepar3d v4?

I tested it and it works more or less. You can make a flightplan with airwaysand sids/stars and load it into the standard FMC of the Fokker, or rather into the flightplanner of the flightsimulator.

However, what I really miss is a decent FMC for the Fokker. But I struggle onwards and enjoying this plane all the same 😉

Greetings,

David