Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Go around issue

I think I have this problem just because I am terrible at flying (student so far) and I'm interested in others help, but I'd love help support :

I've got frustrated with an issue in P3Dv4, although this was also a problem decades ago when I was using Flight Simulator!

Basically, if you want to do a go-around, and you declare the missed approach to ATC, they will give you some immediate instructions, but then practically forget about you! I've just done it on a flight that look an hour to get to EGLL (Heathrow), but I finally exited out of P3D when it stopped communicating with me. I had put me on a course, but then a 1-hour flight turned into more than 2 hours, just to then be 'given up' on.

Its clear that aircraft are treated differently on their first try at landing, but if you have to declare a missed approach in P3D, I'm getting the impression now that it's pointless, and you may as well start the flight from new!

Do others get this? 

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Nope.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Do you use the builtin atc? 

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

I actually cut it after departure, and let me guide to final. I then turn the thing back on around 40nm and if i hae to G/A then I go to hold point and try to land witout traffic nor clearance. P3D's vanilla's ATC is buugy, and unrealistic. I just keep it because I don't think I could keep up with the real-timeness of IVAO and VATSIM. THAT will be my next step. 

22 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I think I have this problem just because I am terrible at flying (student so far) and I'm interested in others help, but I'd love help support :

I've got frustrated with an issue in P3Dv4, although this was also a problem decades ago when I was using Flight Simulator!

Basically, if you want to do a go-around, and you declare the missed approach to ATC, they will give you some immediate instructions, but then practically forget about you! I've just done it on a flight that look an hour to get to EGLL (Heathrow), but I finally exited out of P3D when it stopped communicating with me. I had put me on a course, but then a 1-hour flight turned into more than 2 hours, just to then be 'given up' on.

Its clear that aircraft are treated differently on their first try at landing, but if you have to declare a missed approach in P3D, I'm getting the impression now that it's pointless, and you may as well start the flight from new!

Do others get this? 

Get PRO-ATCX, VOXATC or PF3.

The default ATC will always do this to you.

S.

I think you and I work alike with this stuff. The way I get around not working with ATC after takeoff is when it tells me to change frequencies - I do do it, but I don't contact the next sector. I don't contact ATC in fact until its nearly decent time.

My problem is with the go-around stuff, though. I find it terrible in P3D and FSX.

Gaz on Facebook