Sign in to follow this  
Jayjay

F1 FE again announced in the headlines: I'm totally confused

Is there a new version of FE?Today's Headlines are once more announcing a new utility by Flight One: Flight Environment. A similar announcement had already been made last week friday, but had been removed a little bit later.I am totally confused now: Is this a new version of FE that was originally released beginning of April?Or is someone at Avsim helping out Flight One to compete with ASV? (which is fine for me, considering the fact that Avsim being privately owned, they have the right to announce anything they want within moral and legal constraints)J.J.

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Since the original FE was released some time ago, I suppose there is an update. Haven't found it yet though..

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Thanks a lot for that link Alex. Your reply clears up the confusion. The annoucement in the Headlines has links to F1 web site, but Flight One's update page does not have anything related to Flight Environment.J.J.JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Guest fox450

Hi,I must admit, this puzzles me also, but Peter, Spook, Vincent and I are working on a big update (2), which will absolutely increase your flight-simming experiance, it shouldn't be too long before we release it.I have been testing the new update and it is jaw dropping. Also we are working together with ASV, to get it to work with the ICS (intelligent cloud selection). So we can choose either Chris's fantastic clouds, or Peter's.... with the update.regards,- Anthony Voshttp://members.home.nl/vos69/logofe.jpg

Yeah, what will be Avsim's next headline? Microsoft Games releases Flight Simulator 2004 'A Century of Flight'?:-lol

Rune B.

Guest MrBitsy

The headline is quite clear that its a new program - doesn't give the impression its an upgrade. I wonder why Avsim is taking this slant on it?I have both ASV and Flight Enviroment and they are both great programs.Ray Keattch

Guest Peter Wilding

We are not competing with ASV but working with them as outlined in many, many threads now.Please don't just assume the worst each time that developers are in head on competions or at war with each other. Not the case between ASV and FE. Just the opposite, we have products that strongly complement each other. You raised a fair comment but perhaps you were a just a little wrong to imply it was about favoring FE or that Avsim is helping out FE. Most definitely not the case and just like so many things in life a mistake happens once in a while.No harm done though and maybe a lesson learned that there is still some good in the world and not eveyone is at war. A nice change considering the commercial world we live in nowadays.Peter

Hi Peter,I was not really criticizing Avsim for posting (and by now we know from Robert that it was a little quirk), but the wordings were confusing. I first thought it was the announcement of a new version of FE, but did not find anything on F1 site about an updated/upgraded version. Fortunately Alex gave us a link for it.By the way, I own both FE and ASV and if I would have had to pay for an FE upgrade, I would probably have done it.J.J. JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI