Sign in to follow this  
darem

Limiting Framerate kills framerate - why?

18 hours ago, GSalden said:

You can set the FFTF value to your own system. Eg 0.01 on the ground and 0.4 at 2000 ft and above. Then your will have a longer terrain loading time whn flying low, but at the cost of max fps.

Gerard, I do understand the concept of the tool. But it is still an open question to me if you have that delayed or absent autogen loading using FFTF Dynamic when starting off with the low FFTF value on a heavy airport. Rob clearly showed that when using either unlimited FPS or low FFTF value, autogen loading is hampered after some time and never recovers. The question is: does this also happen with the tool? Or is the switch to a higher FFTF value at whatever altitude sufficient to recover the autogen loading?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Gerard, I do understand the concept of the tool. But it is still an open question to me if you have that delayed or absent autogen loading using FFTF Dynamic when starting off with the low FFTF value on a heavy airport. Rob clearly showed that when using either unlimited FPS or low FFTF value, autogen loading is hampered after some time and never recovers. The question is: does this also happen with the tool? Or is the switch to a higher FFTF value at whatever altitude sufficient to recover the autogen loading?

It all depends on the power of your pc and the AG radius/density settings.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I am one of those suffering autogen loading in patches. This refers to certain conditions, but under these conditions is reproducible. One of my standard test is taking off from KSFO into the Silicon Valley with an extended mass of buildings. I am not flying fast in any way, i.e. a C172 at an elevation of around 3000 ft.

KSFO is FB, the surrounding area is ORBX NCA.

Of course you can mask these patches, e.g., by using bad weather (i.e. that representative for the area), fog and stuff with a visibility of few miles only. However, selecting the "fair weather scheme" I see the patches coming up in the distance. I made a video of this and posted it on the LM forum a year ago already:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125808&start=30

This is with pretty high settings indeed. The only setting which lowering helped was autogen draw distance to "medium". All the others I tried (LOD, texture resolution etc.) didn't change anything. I usually use TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 and the corresponding highres textures checkbox checked. Removing it, i.e. the default value of 8, doesn't change anything either.  On the other hand, when setting autogen draw distance to "medium" autogen continually grows from the ground as it should, albeit in a pretty close distance (comparable to the 3.x autogen radius).

I should mention that I use the monitor for scenery display only, all gauges and controls are on a hardware panel. This way I may see more than those looking out of a 3D cockpit window.

Now this topic renewed my interest in testing as I was told several times limiting fps would help with autogen loading. My usual setting is monitor 30 Hz, fps in-game unlimited VSync and TB on. No external limiter. I modified this to 29 fps limited internally (which resulted in something between 22 and 24 fps effectively at KFSO and somewhat better later) and alternatively 24 fps (with even slightly lower figures).

The short and sad result is: Autogen still loads in patches. Exactly the same pattern as with unlimited fps.

Kind regard, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

It all depends on the power of your pc and the AG radius/density settings.

Sorry to say, but you start to drive me nuts. NO, it does NOT only depend on the settings and the power of the PC, as Rob clearly showed with his videos. Did you actually watched them? If you run anything higher than "medium" for "autogen drawing distance" and you combine that with either unlimited FPS or a low FFTF value, you will have problems with autogen loading. That's why I repeat my question again (and again, and again, and again...): does the FFTF Dynamic tool overcome this or is the autogen loading hampered due to the initial low FFTF value?

@pmb As the videos of Rob indicate, limiting the FPS only works if you not play around with the FFTF value in parallel. Did you check that you have no FFTF entry in your config or at least 0.33?

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

23 minutes ago, AnkH said:

@pmb As the videos of Rob indicate, limiting the FPS only works if you not play around with the FFTF value in parallel. Did you check that you have no FFTF entry in your config or at least 0.33?

No modification of FFTF at all, neither in prepar3d.cfg nor via the FFTF tool. (I tried the latter separately but it didn't help with this specific issue either.)

Otherwise I agree. As far as I can judge, the autogen loading in patches does NOT depend on PC power or settings (with the only exception of autogen distance).

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The other side is that at least Aerosoft in general recommended for their airliners to set fps to unlimited (at least this was the case prior to v4.3) in order not to loose performance. Not sure whether PMDG suggested the same for their airliners.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Well i am not going to state anything as a fact but yesterday i was flying in KLAX/KPSP/KSAN/KSNA area with FTX SCA in the Lanceair and had some autogen issues (still using the FFTF for blurry) and noticed my slider for autogen draw distance was set to high.

Returning this to medium and actually contra moved my autogen sliders to Very dense from Normal during the flight and everything was back to normal.

So @AnkH FFTF does not fix this (at least on my machine)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 hours ago, pmb said:

I am one of those suffering autogen loading in patches. This refers to certain conditions, but under these conditions is reproducible. One of my standard test is taking off from KSFO into the Silicon Valley with an extended mass of buildings. I am not flying fast in any way, i.e. a C172 at an elevation of around 3000 ft.

KSFO is FB, the surrounding area is ORBX NCA.

Of course you can mask these patches, e.g., by using bad weather (i.e. that representative for the area), fog and stuff with a visibility of few miles only. However, selecting the "fair weather scheme" I see the patches coming up in the distance. I made a video of this and posted it on the LM forum a year ago already:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=125808&start=30

This is with pretty high settings indeed. The only setting which lowering helped was autogen draw distance to "medium". All the others I tried (LOD, texture resolution etc.) didn't change anything. I usually use TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 and the corresponding highres textures checkbox checked. Removing it, i.e. the default value of 8, doesn't change anything either.  On the other hand, when setting autogen draw distance to "medium" autogen continually grows from the ground as it should, albeit in a pretty close distance (comparable to the 3.x autogen radius).

I should mention that I use the monitor for scenery display only, all gauges and controls are on a hardware panel. This way I may see more than those looking out of a 3D cockpit window.

Now this topic renewed my interest in testing as I was told several times limiting fps would help with autogen loading. My usual setting is monitor 30 Hz, fps in-game unlimited VSync and TB on. No external limiter. I modified this to 29 fps limited internally (which resulted in something between 22 and 24 fps effectively at KFSO and somewhat better later) and alternatively 24 fps (with even slightly lower figures).

The short and sad result is: Autogen still loads in patches. Exactly the same pattern as with unlimited fps.

Kind regard, Michael

I think we have to distinguish two different phenomenons here.

If I understand you correctly, you do not loose your autogen completely even when flying around longer in your dense testing area. The autogen is continously loaded, but keeps popping up in batches.

That is what I experience too in dense areas. I also found that nothing helps but keeping the AG distance at medium. Even reducing the AG density to sparse does not help. It is also independent from FPS limits or FFTF settings.

I'd love to see Rob do his test video (from the other thread) in the Bay Area with FTX NCA.

The other phenomenon is the complete loss of autogen after some time. This can be cured by an FPS limit and an appropriate FFTF setting.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I think we have to distinguish two different phenomenons here.

If I understand you correctly, you do not loose your autogen completely even when flying around longer in your dense testing area. The autogen is continously loaded, but keeps popping up in batches.

The other phenomenon is the complete loss of autogen after some time. This can be cured by an FPS limit and an appropriate FFTF setting.

While these two issues often are mentioned together (any may or may not be interrelated) it's certainly a good idea to keep them separated. And you are correct: I don't loose autogen completely. This may be a result of the fact I nearly exclusively fly slow and low. As far as I recall, those "loosing" autogen mostly fly fast airliners.

Kind regards, Michael

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Sorry to say, but you start to drive me nuts. NO, it does NOT only depend on the settings and the power of the PC, as Rob clearly showed with his videos. Did you actually watched them? If you run anything higher than "medium" for "autogen drawing distance" and you combine that with either unlimited FPS or a low FFTF value, you will have problems with autogen loading. That's why I repeat my question again (and again, and again, and again...): does the FFTF Dynamic tool overcome this or is the autogen loading hampered due to the initial low FFTF value?

I did not watch the vids as I do not suffer from blurries or dissappearing AG and I use a low FFTF.

Don’t worry I won’t try to help you again ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

42 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I did not watch the vids as I do not suffer from blurries or dissappearing AG and I use a low FFTF.

Don’t worry I won’t try to help you again ....

Sorry, perhaps I'd have said this in other words...😉

Anyway, from what I observed myself and read from others who actually are observing it, the patchy autogen issue does indeed seem to be independent from the machine power vs. settings thing - while it's often suggested to lower settings, get a better machine, overclock etc. in a general way.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

1 hour ago, pmb said:

While these two issues often are mentioned together (any may or may not be interrelated) it's certainly a good idea to keep them separated. And you are correct: I don't loose autogen completely. This may be a result of the fact I nearly exclusively fly slow and low. As far as I recall, those "loosing" autogen mostly fly fast airliners.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael-

Are you running an AM?

Also, post your cfg.

No, no AM.

Here's my prepar3d.cfg

[GRAPHICS]
SCREEN_CAPTURE_MAX_JOBS=10
VIDEO_CAPTURE_WIDTH=720
VIDEO_CAPTURE_HEIGHT=480
VIDEO_CAPTURE_FPS=30
VIDEO_CAPTURE_BIT_RATE=3200000
VIDEO_CAPTURE_IS_THREADED=True
VIDEO_CAPTURE_INFO_SEND_RATE=20
VIDEO_CAPTURE_MAX_FRAME_SIZE=500000
VIDEO_CAPTURE_TTL=255
HDR_BRIGHTNESS=1.250000
HDR_BLOOM_THRESHOLD=3.000000
HDR_BLOOM_MAGNITUDE=1.000000
HDR_BLOOM_BLUR_SIGMA=0.800000
TONEMAP_DAY_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.280000
TONEMAP_NIGHT_EXPOSURE_KEY=0.130000
HDR_SATURATION=1.200000
MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=250
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=250
ViewGroup_Number=-1
MAP_DRAW_THREADED=1
MIPMAP_VC_PANELS=1
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=4
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
DYNAMIC_LIGHTING=1
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
LENSFLARE=1
HDR=1
DYNAMIC_REFLECTIONS=0
SHADOW_QUALITY=4
SHADOW_DRAW_DISTANCE=3
CONTENT_NO_SHADOW=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=0
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_CAST=1
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_CAST=0
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_CAST=0
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_CAST=0
BUILDING_SHADOWS_CAST=1
CLOUD_SHADOWS_CAST=1
PARTICLES_SHADOWS_CAST=0
INTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
EXTERIOR_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
SIMOBJECT_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=0
TERRAIN_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
VEGETATION_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
BUILDING_SHADOWS_RECEIVE=1
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_LOW=4
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_MID=5
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_HIGH=7
SHADOW_NUM_CASCADES_ULTRA=12
OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=2048
TRANSLUCENT_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=512
OPAQUE_SHADOW_DRAW_DISTANCE=2000
TRANSLUCENT_SHADOW_DRAW_DISTANCE=2000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_LOW=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_MID=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_HIGH=0.850000
SHADOW_LOG_PARTITION_ULTRA=0.850000
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
EFFECTS_DISTANCE=2
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
RS_MIN_OBJECT_PIXEL_RADIUS=2.000000
Text_Scroll=1

[WEATHER]
CLOUD_FACING_MODE=0
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=7
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
OPTIMIZE_DENSE_CLOUDS=0
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
VolumetricFog=1
DetailedPrecipitation=1
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

[DISPLAY]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
TEXTURE_FILTERING=16
MSAA=0
SSAA=8
VSYNC=0
FXAA=0
TRIPLE_BUFFER=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=24
WideViewAspect=True
FullScreenBackground=True
FullScreenAutoFill=True
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperLeftTextColorUser=255,0,0
InfoUpperLeftTextColorNonUser=255,127,0
InfoUpperLeftBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=False
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=False
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=False
InfoStallEnable=False
InfoOverspeedEnable=False
InfoWeaponSystemEnable=False
InfoCountermeasureEnable=False
InfoUpperRightTextEnable=True
TextureMaxLoad=3
FULLSCREEN=True
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30

[SCENERY]
AUTOGEN_DRAW_DISTANCE=30000.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_DRAW_DISTANCE_PERCENT=0.900000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=2500.000000
POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1
AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_TYPE=0
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=16

[MAIN]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim, Avatar
LabelsSupported=Airplane, Helicopter
Location=1200,309,2240,1088,\\.\DISPLAY1
LocationFullScreen=0,0,3440,1440,\\.\DISPLAY1
ShowInfoText=1
Maximized=1
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1

[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
SAVE_AND_LOAD_PANEL_STATE=0
MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=4096
PANEL_OPACITY=100
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0
PANELS_ALWAYS_ON_TOP=1

[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64
stick_sensitivity_mode=0

[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
AverageFrameRate=1,2
LockedFrameRate=1,3
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4
Altitude=1,1
Heading=1,2
Latitude=1,2
HealthPoints=1,5

[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4
HealthPoints=2,5

[SlewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5

[SlewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
HealthPoints=1,3

[SlewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
HealthPoints=2,3

[Avatar]
DefaultAvatar=Airport Male Falconer

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=0

[USERINTERFACE]
SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=0
BroadcastGPSData=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=0
RestoreTimeOnMove=1
ScreenshotImageFormat=2
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
SITUATION=C:\Users\Michael_Basler_2016\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\SIMstarter NG
Map_Orientation=2
ShowMessageText=True

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti.0.0]
Mode=3440x1440x32

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=0
GADensity=0
FreewayDensity=12
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=10
LeisureBoatsDensity=50
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0

[AContain]
ShowLabels=0
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000
EnableRibbonVisuals=0
ShowRibbonUserObject=0
ShowRibbonUserAvatar=0
ShowRibbonAircraft=0
ShowRibbonGroundVehicles=0
ShowRibbonBoats=0
ShowRibbonAvatars=0
ShowRibbonWeapons=0
ShowRibbonCountermeasures=0
UserObjectRibbonColor=FFFF0000
UserAvatarRibbonColor=FFFF8000
AircraftRibbonColor=FF0000FF
GroundVehicleRibbonColor=FF00FF00
BoatRibbonColor=FF00FFFF
WeaponRibbonColor=FF800000
CountermeasureRibbonColor=FF640080
RibbonFidelity=5.000000
RibbonMaxDistance=3218.689941

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000
TESSELLATION_FACTOR=90
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=5
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=5
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1
WATER_REFLECT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFLECT_USERAIRCRAFT=0
WATER_REFLECT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFLECT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFLECT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
WATER_REFRACT_CLOUDS=0
WATER_REFRACT_USERAIRCRAFT=0
WATER_REFRACT_SIMOBJECTS=0
WATER_REFRACT_TERRAIN=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_VEGETATION=0
WATER_REFRACT_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS=0
ENABLE_BATHYMETRY=0
WATER_CLARITY=30
WATER_DETAIL=4
TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10
UseGlobalTerrainView=False

[ATC]
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
UsePilotVoice=1
ShowATCText=1
PilotVoice=0
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=0XFF8C00
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=0X00008B
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=0X006400
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=0XA52A2A
COMM_MSG_ATIS_COLOR=00000000

[INTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=1
MEASURE=0

[REALISM]
PFactor=1.000000
Torque=1.000000
GyroEffect=1.000000
CrashTolerance=1.000000
General=1.000000
UnlimitedFuel=False
AllowEngineDamage=True
TrueAirspeed=False
AutoCoord=False
RealMixture=True
StressDamage=True
GEffect=True
ManualLights=True
GyroDrift=False
CrashWithDyn=True
CrashDetection=False
MomentumEffect=True
OnCrashAction=0

[ATTACHMENTS]
WeaponHighlight=False
HighlightDuration=1.000000
AutoWeaponSwitching=False
UnlimitedWeapons=False
UnlimitedCountermeasures=False
IgnoreAttachmentWeight=True
IgnoreAttachmentForces=True

[RECORDER]
RecordAITraffic=True
RecordAirportVehicles=True
RecordLeisureBoats=True

[SIM]
SYSCLOCK=0
OPTIMIZE_PARTS=1

[SOUND]
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=0
PrimaryPlaybackDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoicePlaybackDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoiceCaptureDevice={DEF00003-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

[STARTUP]
DEMO=0
STARTUP_DEMO=
LOAD_SCENARIO_TOOLS=1
LoadCorePlugins=1
LoadVirtualReality=1
EnableVirtualRealityOnStartup=0
EnableVoiceControl=0
LoadWindow=1

[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0

[FACILITIES]
COUNTRY=
STATE=
CITY=
GTL_BUTTON=4096

[MISC]
Com_Rate=7
[MULTIPLAYER]
FrameSyncRate=0

If you get  issues with No AM and HT Off you may as well set up a proper AM and forget investigating AMs and HT - my rig work fine on two HT LPs of two cores - it just takes longer to load. If you use too many cores you saturate your memory bandwidth especially with many cored PCs.

You have to learn to fly the PC as you do the Plane - don't cut corners or you crash.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...excerpt from my site:

"Enable HT, enable LPs until the sim stops loading any faster, keep to single LPs per core unless they are purely gathering data. With lesser cores available we can gang up two LPs per core, but this intensifies workload on the core and extra work done = extra heat made. So be sure to moderate the overclock setting to accommodate HT enabled. HT off is no competition with the proper Affinity Mask applied. Remember that simply using all the cores in your brand new 32 core CPU will oversaturate the bus using up all the memory bandwidth and slow down the sim, perhaps gradually throughout the flight getting worse. Vsync=on Unlimited and Monitor refresh of 60Hz gives ~60 fps holding back the sim. Locked fps keeps a look ahead and is more taxing on the system. Unlimited with VSync=Off runs faster than the monitor refresh if it can and all those frames are unused = excess heat. Therefore Unlimited set alone is simply a debugging mode or performance check. The Triple Buffer simply means the sim works out the places of moving objects more precisely, but not as well as the fixed fps setting."

• Like 2

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com