Sign in to follow this  
realkewl

Anybody using Oculus touch with P3D v4.3

I have the rift and did a flight with a vanilla P3D v4.3. Using the mouse was ok, still cannot get any ATC window to show in VR. Also, was wondering if anybody is using the Oculus touches in P3D v4.3 and if so how is the experience?

Also, do you need to connect both left and right or can I just connect the right controler?

Left hand on the joystick and right hand using Oculus touch.

Thanks in advance

realkewl

Seems, that there are quite a few simmers out there having issues with p3d and the Oculus Touch, huh ?

Well, I am too. I got a problem with the Milviz MD530F helicopter. Some switches in the heli are not working (won't budge) when touched by Oculus Touch. With the mouse cursor, they do move. I asked the milviz support what the problem might be and got a reply from Osh, product manager of Milviz.com simulator software.

He wrote that it could be a problem with the Touch software and suggested to contact the Oculus support for that reason. I can't imagine, what the difference might be, but with most of the switches in the heli, interaction is no problem.

I'm curious, what exactly your problem with the Touch is. Please, let us know what you found.

Alex 

Well, I had to give up totally for the moment on Oculus. The rift will not work on my laptop anymore. After two years without issues, then Oculus did an update, Windows did an update, Nvidia did an update. Now my rift will not work at all. 

Oculus support is really bad. They only support via email and not even able to do zoom meetings. So I went through all this stuff taking pictures of this...taking pictures of that. Even bought a brand new Oculus rift, re-installed Windows 10, and same problem it will not display anymore, but Oculus does not want to confess, I even asked if I could down grade and they say no. So Facebook is going to totally kill VR in my opinion, because they feel the need to control everthing.

Peace,

-realkewl