Sign in to follow this  
swadeep

Imaginesim VIDP Runway 11/29

Hi guys, When landing at Runway 29 at VIDP the ILS is placed wrong for Imaginesim VIDP due to displaced threshold. Has anyone got a fix for this please? The ILS is right from beginning of Runway 29 which is used for take off only. Landing area starts way beyond, making runway shorter, but ILS is configured wrong here. Would appreciate your help. Thanks

Swadeep

OP, I too have the Imaginesim VIDP. Is it working in P3D v4.3.29?

On 8/14/2018 at 3:23 PM, krazyk said:

Send me a PM. Will provide a fix for it. 

Yes please! Sent you PM. 

This is real easy to fix with ADE.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 1/4/2020 at 12:34 AM, downscc said:

This is real easy to fix with ADE.

Can you help and guide me please? I got the ade but not sure how to go about it. Would appreciate your help. 

Thanks. 

Swadeep

ADE comes with an excellent user manual and is especially good at helping beginners step through the basics.  Note in the manual that you will be required to download the P3D SDK and install it and then point ADE to where a couple of those files are located.

Basically, the ILS is a part of the runway container.  With the airport in plan view within ADE just double click on any one of the ILS components, or select the ILS from the Navaids List (Lists being on the menu bar), and make the changes you wish.  Note you can set lat/lon for the LOC only, the GS and DME can only be moved by dragging.  You didn't specify what was wrong with the ILS but you eluded to the fact that the reason was the displaced threshold, so perhaps the only thing you need to adjust is the GS location.

Check the PAPI/VASI locations too.... you might be able to use Google Earth to figure out where the landing zone and PAPI's belong.

Dan Downs KCRP

11 hours ago, downscc said:

ADE comes with an excellent user manual and is especially good at helping beginners step through the basics.  Note in the manual that you will be required to download the P3D SDK and install it and then point ADE to where a couple of those files are located.

Basically, the ILS is a part of the runway container.  With the airport in plan view within ADE just double click on any one of the ILS components, or select the ILS from the Navaids List (Lists being on the menu bar), and make the changes you wish.  Note you can set lat/lon for the LOC only, the GS and DME can only be moved by dragging.  You didn't specify what was wrong with the ILS but you eluded to the fact that the reason was the displaced threshold, so perhaps the only thing you need to adjust is the GS location.

Check the PAPI/VASI locations too.... you might be able to use Google Earth to figure out where the landing zone and PAPI's belong.

Thanks for your reply. Yes i was looking around and it must be the gs location only. So when we move is there a way to place exactly as in real life and how far off the runway etc or it's a matter of guessing and as close as possible.

Thanks

Swadeep

13 hours ago, swadeep said:

Thanks for your reply. Yes i was looking around and it must be the gs location only. So when we move is there a way to place exactly as in real life and how far off the runway etc or it's a matter of guessing and as close as possible.

Thanks

Swadeep

You should be able to see the GS tower and shelter, usually abeam the touchdown aim point or captain bars, using Google Earth.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 1/7/2020 at 1:38 AM, downscc said:

You should be able to see the GS tower and shelter, usually abeam the touchdown aim point or captain bars, using Google Earth.

Thanks. I can drag it myself but question how far should it be from runway side? does it make a difference? Thanks

9 hours ago, swadeep said:

Thanks. I can drag it myself but question how far should it be from runway side? does it make a difference? Thanks

It only makes a difference if it is too far.... the Google Earth picture I looked at was a little too blurry to make out the GS antenna and shed but the PAPI's were easy to see.  Not knowing any better I'd place the GS antenna 80 m from runway centerline.

Dan Downs KCRP

6 hours ago, downscc said:

It only makes a difference if it is too far.... the Google Earth picture I looked at was a little too blurry to make out the GS antenna and shed but the PAPI's were easy to see.  Not knowing any better I'd place the GS antenna 80 m from runway centerline.

Yes i found it blurry to see properly too. And when I am done I need to export it as new BGL files and replace the old one right? Sorry I don't know about this a lot.

Thanks! I wish there was a fix available. Would be easier!

Thanks

Swadeep

On 1/17/2020 at 8:20 PM, swadeep said:

Yes i found it blurry to see properly too. And when I am done I need to export it as new BGL files and replace the old one right? Sorry I don't know about this a lot.

Thanks! I wish there was a fix available. Would be easier!

Thanks

Swadeep

Correct, ADE will compile the airport file (AF) and create a .bgl file.  I generally add the .OFF extension to the original AF file.  Once you've done this a few times it really only takes 10 min from start to finish to fix minor issue like this.

Some scenery developers just plain ignore the navaids and use whatever the default airport has no matter how wrong.  They focus on the scenery.

Dan Downs KCRP

On 1/20/2020 at 4:48 AM, downscc said:

Correct, ADE will compile the airport file (AF) and create a .bgl file.  I generally add the .OFF extension to the original AF file.  Once you've done this a few times it really only takes 10 min from start to finish to fix minor issue like this.

Some scenery developers just plain ignore the navaids and use whatever the default airport has no matter how wrong.  They focus on the scenery.

Hi I've tried adjusted the glideslope ok and seems to be correct now. But now when I make the approach seems like the aircraft is nose diving down a bit. Did i have to change something else too beside just moving the glide slope?

Thanks

Swadeep