Hello everyone,

I installed many addons in this years and now i want change some components for a better experience.

My pc now:

CPU is i5 6600

GPU is GTX 970 g1 gaming

RAM is kingstone hyper fury 2x8 2133mhz

I think will change cpu to i5 8600k with gigabyte z370p d3.

And in the future the new release of gpu nvidia (2070 or its name).

Is good that or not?

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

It could be a very big improvement.

Thanks

Now i go to buy mobo and cpu.

For the gpu i wait the new release ans i will decide

3 hours ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

It could be a very big improvement.

Talk about bad advice.

3 hours ago, Simone99 said:

Thanks

Now i go to buy mobo and cpu.

For the gpu i wait the new release ans i will decide

Talk about misguided decisions.  I hope you haven't gone and thrown your money at this yet.

Depending on about 18 million different factors you could end up with extremely disappointing results with almost no perceptible difference.  

You need to ask (and answer) a lot of questions to make an informed decision on whether you should spend your money on a hardware upgrade for Flight Sim.  

What add-ons do you use?

What resolution are you running?

What is your performance now?

What do you expect to get out of the upgrade? (10% higher FPS? 20%? 30%? higher?)

2 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Talk about bad advice.

Talk about misguided decisions.  I hope you haven't gone and thrown your money at this yet.

Depending on about 18 million different factors you could end up with extremely disappointing results with almost no perceptible difference.  

You need to ask (and answer) a lot of questions to make an informed decision on whether you should spend your money on a hardware upgrade for Flight Sim.  

What add-ons do you use?

What resolution are you running?

What is your performance now?

What do you expect to get out of the upgrade? (10% higher FPS? 20%? 30%? higher?)

For the cpu and the mobo I went ahead because a my friend will buy my components at a very good price and I only "make" money.

The gpu is the answer...

So.. my addons: ASP4 with ASCA, PTA, PMDG 7xx, Fslabs a320x and spotlight, aerosoft professional a319 (a320/330 in future), Fsrealtime, simelite time zone fixer, envtex cloud and sky, Ftx global, vector, opelc EU, NA, SA, then i have region of orbx (california,england ecc...) freeemeshx. I hope this is all..

I MUST want a good graphics and DECENT performances (no high fps or similar but good fixed 30 fps because i have 60hz monitor).

My settings are close to the maximum, but I have chosen them with awareness and advice from you experts.

EDIT: Also i play 1080p/60hz but in the future i update to 4k (probably) and my fps now is 20/30 with pmdg amd aerosoft. With fps 23-- fps...

Edited by Simone99
Missed info

Not much left to discuss if you already bought the CPU.  GPU won't make much difference on performance unless you run VR, multi-screen, or 4k+ and all graphics settings maxed out including dynamic lighting.  

Should have waited.  New parts from Nvidia and Intel are literally weeks away.

Nvidia are due to say something this weekend about the new GPUs , the Nvidia Twitter feed is already saying things like "ANNOUNCING CUDA 10" and the top end cards look like being Turing RTX supporting Ray Tracing, it will not be long before real benchmarks start appearing. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Not much left to discuss if you already bought the CPU.  GPU won't make much difference on performance unless you run VR, multi-screen, or 4k+ and all graphics settings maxed out including dynamic lighting.  

Should have waited.  New parts from Nvidia and Intel are literally weeks away.

Yeah i will wait.

I will buy new gpu for other games and not for only p3d (dynamic light)

Thanks again at all