Sign in to follow this  
wmens

shorten voxatc training files

I tried to make Voxatc speech work. I did not succeed in doing it probably because of the new windows 10 update. In this forum I read the possibility to shorten the training files from Voxatc. But I could not find how to do that. Is there someone who can help me with this or point me to the proper thread? I installed the right speech recognizer in windows .

Thanks for help

Wim Mens

This problem started when MS restricted the speech trainer that was built-in to approximately 14 lines of text. This happened with the the Windows 10 1709 update and impacted all flight sim apps that use the built-in speech trainer like MCE, P2ATC and VOXATC. There are actually a few suggestions in this subforum. One user suggested splitting the training file into two shorter pieces, but I'm not sure how they did that.

I do know that the  VOXATC speech trainer uses XML template files, that can be found in the the VOXATC folder. They start with either IFR or VFR, for example, IFRDEP.xml. You could try editing these files with Notepad (or better yet Notepad++) to make them shorter. Make sure you save the originals in a safe location outside the VOXATC main folder, in the event that you make an editing error. Not all flightplans create a training file that exceeds 14 lines, so try using the default  XML files first.

Hello Jabloom,

Thanks for your answer. At the moment I am trying pilot2atc. But if the change in windows affects all speech based programs, your suggestion applies to all. Therefore I will continue experimenting with pilot2atc in the first place and after that maybe my votax experinces if pilot2atc does work for me. I keep you posted, but it may take a little time.

Best regards

Wim Mens

I believe that the P2ATC developer posted a fix for the speech training, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hello Jay,

After spending a lot of time I succeeded in configuring Pilot2Atc. I had to install an extra sound card to make it work. The speech training is no problem at all and is not restrained to a maximum of 14 lines. The manual is extensive and easy to read. The main screen can be hidden totally which is an advantage (a must). So I am happy with the program and will not choose for Voxatc due to its speech training limitation.

Best regards

Wim Mens