Sign in to follow this  
spilok

FS9 Update

This might belong in a different forum. If so, sorry.When I originally installed the 9.1 update, I didn't see that it needs to be installed from the FS9 directory. Now I'm wondering if it would be worthwhile to re-install FS9 from the ground up. I haven't seen anything that appears to be a problem, but maybe I'm missing out on something important in the update.Anyone been down this road before? Any help appreciated.Matt

I,too, wonder if you reinstall the update IF you will lose any of your addons or if they will cease to function. There is such a warning...but I'd like to know from someone who has done it. Stan

Guest ssurjap

I've done a complete reinstall (because I needed to get rid of an add-on scenery). Instead of saving everything, I just moved the add-on aircrafts, panels, and fs9.cfg to temporary folder, then wiped out the program filesmicrosoft gamesfs9. I then reinstalled FS, moved my planes, panels, and fs9.cfg back. I then reinstalled the update and almost everything is back to normal.I say almost because for some reason whenever I try to press DIRECT on my GPS, FS would go to a blank screen. I found a workaround by going to the Flight plan, highlighting the waypoint that I want to go direct to, then press DIRECT.Other than that, everything is a-ok.

What about all your gauges, effects, modules, etc.?It would seem almost impossible to get back to normal by just saving a few folders. All my addon programs, I'm sure are inter-twined within the FS9 program.I would just like to know if someone just clicked on the Fs9 update while leaving everything untouched. If so, did it affect anything or did you lose anything? Stan