Sign in to follow this  
lukejw20

Tokyo Narita not visible at night

Is it possible that restarting my laptop would help? I have not messed with the CFG file or any of the FSX folders. I restarted my laptop and updated it I'll get back to you in the next 3 hours with the results

32 minutes ago, lukejw20 said:

Is it possible that restarting my laptop would help? I have not messed with the CFG file or any of the FSX folders. I restarted my laptop and updated it I'll get back to you in the next 3 hours with the results

It could be the speed of your laptop coupled with how much AI traffic.  It just may be slow rendering the buildings after you land.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Still not visible at night. Is it possible that it has always been this way? Is there a fix?

It works perfectly fine for me....day...night...and in-between.  What are your laptop specs?  CPU speed, etc???  Are all areas checked in your library...Asia...S.America, etc?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

What are specs? Yes all scenery areas are checked. And remember that it is only not visible at night

Processor: Inter (R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

8 Gigabytes of Ram; 7.87 gigabytes available

64 bit operating system

My final thought on this is to ask what type of FSX are you running?  FSX-SE, FSX with SP1 and SP2, or FSX + Acceleration?

Charlie Aron

40 minutes ago, lukejw20 said:

FSX SE

OK, glad I asked that.  You may want to verify the game files see if anything is corrupted.

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Charlie Aron

Verified the files and restarted. The corrupt files were fixed but it is still not there at night.

Beats me!  No more clues.

Charlie Aron

On 8/14/2018 at 5:21 PM, lukejw20 said:

See if this helps. I uploaded on google+ and here is the link to my photo.

Looking at the photo you posted it looks like a terminal in the back ground and some other building. It’s hard to tell since the upload link doesn’t expand very well and your far from the area. 

Does it look ok at sunset? If it looks ok at sunset you could remain parked, set the time compression to 2x or 4x and see if it disappears as soon as night sets.

I have a feeling there is an easy explanation but without being at your computer to see what’s going and what other stuff you have installed it’s hard to make any other recommendations besides what a Charlie already posted.

Technically from the way an AFCAD works and buildings that are placed on it, day or night shouldn’t make any difference as there are no setting to make buildings only show during certain times of the day.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator