Sign in to follow this  
davies87

Ai parking same spot

Hello all

Made no changes to EGLL AFCAD and the ai have started parking on top of each other. there is no overlap. any ideas why this might be happening?

Are you sure that the bottom plane is not a static scenery object, which is positioned in an active AI parking position ? If so you should delete the AFCAD parking position concerned, or of cause, the static plane.

In all my FS years I've never experienced any AI plane parking in a position already ocupied by another AI plane.

Regards

Hans

This will also happen if there are two parking spots on top if each other in the AFCAD.

I had this when using MyTrafficX and also third party airports. MyTrafficX includes it own afcads for a lot of major airports so the airlines will park at the correct terminals. If you add a third party airport it adds its own afcad. I noticed this first at KLAX with FSDT and MyTrafficX. After I disabled the mytrafficX afcad for KLAX the problem of 2 overlying aircraft was solved.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Hey Guys,

In my experience duplicate Afcad (type) data from whatever source with, e.g. duplicate start locations, etc. will always cause grief, especially when approaching the airport concerned in your flyable plane ------> CTDs.

It's for this reaon that I have all and I repeat ALL, my afcad (type) BGL files, in one single folder with the highest possible scenery priority. Any new third party airport sceneries are for this reason checked and any afcad (type) files found are then cut/pasted into my afcad folder, even before installing the new scenery itself. The contents of the afcad (type) file itself is then checked as well, especially the section which de-activates certain parts of the default afcad data in the corresponding APnnnnnn.bgl file. However, for this you need a BGL dis- and a re-assembling program.

Regards

Hans

You can have as many AFD files as you like for one airport in different scenery layers, the only time they cause crashes is if the airport co-ordinates differ in the AFD files (its OK to differ with the APxxx files, although I have never understood why so many developers do so instead of taking the default setting).

Like other scenery items, FS9 simply reads the last to load if the co-ordinates are the same.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Well John, I hope that you can agree with me that having duplicate active Afcad type data for the same airport, will always increase the risk of CTDs under unexpected circumstances and at the very least, will cause duplicate parking positions. With this and other potential problems in mind, almost all third party airport scenery developers explicitly state that any previously existing Afcad (type) files for the airport concerned, must be deleted or disabled prior to installing their new scenery,

Regards

Hans

Well, I'm only telling you how Flight Simulator works, Hans. My personal choice is to not "take a sledgehammer to crack a nut" but to work within Microsoft's parameters..

Yes, Flight Simulator can crash if it is trying to place AI at what it sees as two airports with the same code (where AFDs have differing co-ordinates) but aside of that I can't see any other issues. If they share the same co-ordinates, Flight Simulator will only use the one at the highest lever so I can't see how this can possibly be the cause of apparent duplicate parking positions.

Best wishes,

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Yes John, I've had duplicate airports as well in the past. However, these could be seen on my FSNavigator screen, if of cause I had run the database creation process in advance. Such duplicates were often the result of installed third party sceneries, which in some cases, used the airport's afcad header data in order to keep, e.g. the default taxiway signs and/or windsocks.

In those days I also had a small batch script which would check for such duplicates and I could then decide which one should be kept and which could be deleted. All this because of previous CTD troubles.

There's another possibility apart from a static aircraft being positioned in an active afcad parking position and that is a so called "dynamic object aircraft", which some scenery developers include in their airport sceneries. Normally these dynamic objects are used for moving ground vehicles, like tractors, vans, busses, etc. which follow separate pre-programmed routes but in some sporadic cases can also include aircraft, which actually seem to behave like AIs. A pioneer developer by the name of Otto Pabst included such dynamic aircraft, along with his ground traffic in his fantastic Bremen airport scenery but this was many years ago. Such dynamic aircraft could begin or end their separately programmed tracks in or on top of active AI parking positions.

And then there's the last possibility and that is that ground traffic can in some cases be separately programmed as AI aircraft, which follow taxiway tracks to an invisible runway and then disappear, only to reappear again at their start position, depending on their "flight plans". Such tracks are part of separate afcad "airports" positioned on top of your active airport and can therefore also include "AI" start positions on top of one or more of your active afcad parking positions.

Tomorrow I wil take another good look at my own EGLL to see if I have anything there which looks like a duplicate afcad and/or any of the above possibilities.

Regards

Hans

I have an active old version of the UK2000 EGLL Heathrow airport, which has quite some dynamic ground traffic moving around on it, but found nothing parked in any of my (leftover) EGLL parking positions. It will therefore be a question of which version of EGLL Davies87 is talking about.

"Leftover" ?? Yes, because quite some time ago I decided to do some "filling up" of my EGLL a.o. with static British BA/Flybe aircraft and as a result I needed to delete all Afcad parking positions now occupied by such static aircraft, otherwise I would have had the same problems as Davies87 seems to have.

Anyway Davies87, I certainly hope this thread has cast some light on your problem.

Regards and good luck.

Hans