Hello, i have old saitek pro flight yoke and im confuse what's the part that cause sticky problem. I Have applied the first ring then the shaft bettween  the middle ring with silicon spray and tried some vasseline( i know its not the proper lube but im trying ). It occurs when i do left/right bank then pull/push the yoke(pitch) as shown in the video. 

Dray Langley

The only lubricant I would recommend is WD-40.  It fixes everything!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

2 hours ago, dray007 said:

It occurs when i do left/right bank then pull/push the yoke(pitch) as shown in the video. 

Lubricating is not going to help, this is a design issue with the Saitek yoke that more or less guarantees sticking in the pitch axis if you have any aileron applied. You can look at my Saitek Cessna yoke review video for details, although it won't really help you. The Cessna yoke works better, if you can find one.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

5 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The only lubricant I would recommend is WD-40.  It fixes everything!

But someone said it could be dangerous, and better use silicon one. But thanks for suggesting il keep digging out some other info.

4 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Lubricating is not going to help, this is a design issue with the Saitek yoke that more or less guarantees sticking in the pitch axis if you have any aileron applied. You can look at my Saitek Cessna yoke review video for details, although it won't really help you. The Cessna yoke works better, if you can find one.

oh i see now, i dont have to take on mind of my yoke because as it what it is. Thanks for the explanation sir!

Dray Langley

Although lubrication may be an issue with your yoke...last night I disassembled my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke only to discover the pin which keeps the right and left axis centred was sticking out causing the pitch axis to stick when moving the yoke a certain way. Therefore today I continued my work and hammered that pin back into place, removed the pitch axis springs and used the rubber band mod method, it is so far working great and I no longer have any issues with sticking as much as I used to. I did use vaseline to lubricate the shaft and rod. 

This is just a temporary solution until I eventually replace my near decade old Saitek yoke with Yoko the yoke, which I cannot wait for! 

Edited by shamrockflyer

41 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

This is just a temporary solution until I eventually replace my near decade old Saitek yoke with the Go-Flight Pro Yoke system, which I cannot wait for! 

Make sure you do your research on the GoFlight yoke. I have not tried one but it has a bad reputation for sticking too. If you're looking for excellence, Yoko is the way to go.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

Just now, MarkDH said:

Make sure you do your research on the GoFlight yoke. I have not tried one but it has a bad reputation for sticking too. If you're looking for excellence, Yoko is the way to go.

I wasn't aware of the sticking issues with GoFlight, however - after writing my previous post I decided firmly on Yoko. 

As per the Yoko - does it have any deadzones? and what is the life expectancy of the bungie cord system in which Yoko uses? 

1 minute ago, shamrockflyer said:

As per the Yoko - does it have any deadzones? and what is the life expectancy of the bungie cord system in which Yoko uses? 

No deadzones. Bungee life - who knows. From bungees I have around the garage I'd estimate 10 years if they're exposed to weather. If it needs new ones, maybe you can buy them at Halfords and fit them yourself. BTW, PFC yokes use bungees and nobody complains about those ;)

• Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

19 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Although lubrication may be an issue with your yoke...last night I disassembled my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke only to discover the pin which keeps the right and left axis centred was sticking out causing the pitch axis to stick when moving the yoke a certain way. Therefore today I continued my work and hammered that pin back into place, removed the pitch axis springs and used the rubber band mod method, it is so far working great and I no longer have any issues with sticking as much as I used to. I did use vaseline to lubricate the shaft and rod. 

This is just a temporary solution until I eventually replace my near decade old Saitek yoke with Yoko the yoke, which I cannot wait for! 

yeah bro i did the rubber band mod, mind if you show me where the pin located? i tried to find the squeeky sound too. thanks

Dray Langley

1 hour ago, dray007 said:

mind if you show me where the pin located? 

The pin is / should be located within the "bull horns" on the shaft rod, if there is a metal pin sticking out just make sure either you push it back in or hammer it in so that it doesn't catch on any parts which it did in mine. 

I am sorry I do not have any pictures of the inside of mine and I can't disassemble the yoke right now, thus don't have any intentions to do so ever again.