Sign in to follow this  
winjimon

Joystick doesn't work any more

Haven't played MS Flight for a while, now I try the game and joystick has no effect.

It's detected, I see "Logitech 3D Pro" in the settings. Both the joystick and Xbox controller do nothing in MS Flight alone. Fine in all other games.

I tried the usual trouble shooting steps: re-plug, re-start, set as primary joystick. As I said, works fine in all other games and apps.

Any ideas folks?

Have you assigned an axis to each different joystick movement and deleted those inapplicable?  Is FSUIPC (if installed) conflicting with those in FSX? Try these fixes and let us know of result.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

@vp49p3  I think the OP is using "MS Flight" a now unsupported simulator, I have never used this sim so cannot offer any suggestions, hopefully someone can.

@winjimon E3DPro Joysticks are fairly simple, my only suggestion, are you using the Logitech profiler software or are you using the basic driver that MS installs when the hardware is detected after inserting the connector into the USB socket. (Try the basic driver see if it is working if not reinstall the Logitech one ( I believe its v5.10 as of last known update). It is strange that the MS X-Box controller isn't working ingame, perhaps there is a need to enable it in the MS Flight controller section, if there is such a thing. Might also check this for E3DPro controller as well. As I said earlier I have never used MSFlight so I have no idea where in its setup to direct you.

Thanks for replying and trying to help.

Yes this is MS Flight, a peculiar cookie, now completely abandoned and unsupported by MS.

I have no other special software or drivers, just default drivers for both Xbox controller and Logitech joystick. In game configuration is all defaults for the joystick.

Windows and other games work just fine.

Hi winjimon,

I don't know if this might help you, but searching  the AVSIM  MS Flight subforum -search term (Joystick Controller), I found an old post that might set you on your way toward a solution, perhaps there are other obscure threads regarding unrecognised ingame controller Xbox Joystick etc.. etc...

I have no other clues to offer but read the post see if it rings true in your situation, hopefully it yields a positive result. 

Edited by Jethro

Depending on the age of your joystick, it might not be supported by the new Logitech drivers. For some reason they choose to abandon support for older controllers with their driver updates.

Don't use their driver. Use instead, the default Microsoft drivers which are built in.  This might work for you.

If not, go on Logitech's site and see which drivers to use with your particular joystick. This will work normally if you don't have any other Logitech devices that are using the latest drivers. Download and install the drivers for your device. Your joystick should work after you assign button functions. I have seen where some suggest running both old and new drivers but I haven't had any success doing this.

Good luck.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

That was it Jethro, from JonP01's old post, deleting standard.xml fixed it.

I can see my file had 3 or more copies of the joystick profile, each with a different GUID. The game must have confused itself after windows or driver updates changed the device identifiers.

Thanks!

Excellent winjimon, we can chalk that one up as a *****Win***** Glad you can use your E3DPro Joystick in your sim, hope you were you able to have the option for the Xbox controller as well.