Sign in to follow this  

FlightSim TV Interview Video and FS-X

If you have not yet seen the interview with Shawn Firminger, ACES Manager, and seen the previews of FS-X, go to the Front Page and have a view. This is a very educating interview with shots and vid from the simulator. Have a look!

Guest Pilot53

The #### thing stops to buffer every 2 seconds, impossible to enjoy. I wish they would let you download the entire video to your hd, but otherwise a great video and fsx really looks great.

Guest Water Mango

Yea, I'm getting the same problem. Impossible to view at this time... :-(

ditto on the buffering crap, it sucks.Shawn is a really great guy to. Hornit

Just let the whole video load, go have lunch and then play it. It's a great video.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest Dominique

An option to download the clip first and watch it once donwloaded would be indeed nice. This particular streaming TV doesn't work properly from my side either.

Guest dennypayne

Agreed...they must not have much bandwidth because I usually have no problem streaming video on my 8mb connection, and this is unwatchable. The only way I'd be able to deal with trying to see it would be to download it.Denny

This is what I did. It works for me...A few seconds after the first part of the video starts playing, just pause the video.It will still continue downloading.Come back in about 30 minutes and watch the video without all the buffer interruptions.Chrs,Bryan

Guest alex333

Are there any hints about how to play this video?Neither my Windows Media Player, nor VLC nor the DIVX Player seem to be able to play that file properly. I tried the load-and-pause trick, but it did not work.Thanks for your help :)Alex

Odd, I just checked it out and it loaded and played fine, no pauses at all.Cool video. After seeing the control tower room, I wonder if it is a 3D room to where you can just view AI if you want.While the DX10 render (that we have all seen) looks great, I am just as excited over the default FSX one, it is an improvement over FS9, especially the water.I really hope there is a good performance increase, as I am excited about the new shared cockpit capabilities, but sharing a cockpit with NO visable pilot, will kill the realism (IMO) and it takes a few extra polys to create a believable pilot figure.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

I had the same bufering issue earlier but just got through it now. I have to say this is the second FSX video I've seen and I'm still not impressed. Most features described are already available in some form in FS9 with existing add ons. Like Roads, Coastlines (UT) More detailed Weather (ASV6) Control tower views can be done with IGFLY Walk & Follow, and I beleive there is control tower software that will interface with FS. Isn't that what they use for VATSIM? I just saw a product, (I forget what it's called), that will allow more than 1 to crew an aircraft, like what was described. About the only thing that seemed completely new (and their maybe something for this too in FS9?) is the tow plane for the sail plane. It just seems like MS is playing catch up with this release to all the existing FS9 addon developers. Which by the way dod you catch the response on making existing addons compatible? He didn't commit that they would be, he just said, they are working to see that they are. The jury is still out on this issue!! I think there are 2 things that would make this release worth getting. One is if the ATC system works more realisticly, especially on landing approaches. The other is if they solved the Blurry scenery issues, and the extended textures blend in better. The detailed scenery with the extra autogen trees and objects look good, but at what performance hit remains to be seen!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You old grump... You know you are going to get it as soon as it appears on the shelf. :) Now tell me I am wrong (without crossing your fingers, or whatever). :-lol

>You old grump... You know you are going to get it as soon as>it appears on the shelf. :) Now tell me I am wrong (without>crossing your fingers, or whatever). :-lol Well I can honestly say, without fingers crossed, that I haven't made up my mind yet. Unlike previous versions, I have (As many others have too) invested alot in FS9 in terms of Hardware, and addons both in aircraft, scenery, and utilities etc.. Right now I don't see a compelling reason to switch. Like I said, if they solved the 2 big remaining issues in FS9, ATC and the blurries, and most of the addons would be compatible or atleast easily portable by the developers, without a complete rewrite, that would require repurchasing them than I probably will buy it. Other than that, I'm leaning on sitting this one out, atleast initially!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Seems you haven't been reading in the FSX forum lately. They said there isn't much change to the ATC system except for bugfixes in the previous version. Also there is clear evidence from the screenshots that the blurries will be back in FSX! Well at least if you don't upgrade your rig and buy a new DX10 video card lol. I guess you are going to be stuck with fs9.