Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

EZdok, P3Dv4.3, and WMR

Hello,

I'm getting a Samsung Odyssey WMR headset that I'm pretty excited to try in P3D!  That said, I do not plan to use it 100% of the time.  I normally use EZdok + TrackIR when I fly, but I'm not sure how compatible that will be with VR.  Mainly will I need to disable EZdok and/or modify any camera.cfg files depending on how I intend to fly?  Basically what's the best way to get the two to coexist so I can fly with VR or TrackIR depending on how the mood suits me?  At the moment I'm not planning on getting FlyInside, but I'd consider it if it would help.

I'm not against having EZdok only run when I need it and modifying camera.cfg or anything depending, I just need to know more or less what to do and when, if anyone's doing something similar.

Thanks!

-stefan

Any camera add-on that just changes the eyepoint position in the sim should work with native P3D VR, but probably not with FlyInside, as FlyInside itself is sort of a camera add-on that controls the eyepoint position, so you would effectively have two conflicting camera add-ons running at the same time.

Any camera add-on that creates camera shake and motion effects based on forces affecting the plane is a rather bad idea in VR and is a straight road to motion sickness...