Sign in to follow this  
psolk

deleting the moving cars effect in the night texture

Guest ido_r

is there anyway to delete the moving "cars" that show up at night on major roads ?I think I saw a file here in AVSIM or mybe a post here in the forum long time ago but I couldn't find it again.

There are no moving cars on roads at night. Are you talking about add-on scenery? Hornit

Guest Dominique

shalom IdoNot sure, but as far as I know the moving vehicles you see on certain sceneries belong to roads which are legacies of FS2000 and made with programs like Ground 2K4. There's an option for that in this program when you draw roads. I'ven't succedeed in switching them off. You should try the Avsim scenery design forum though, somebody might be more knowledgeable than me.If you're the Ido R. who did a couple of sceneries in Isra

Guest ido_r

Hornit,I'm talking about the moving lights its not realy a car its a moving dot of light on major roads at night and its killing FPS.Dominique,Thanx for the kind words :)LLHA has a better scenery than mine made by Alexander Lawrance, the sign posts are a known problem and over here we deal with it by puting the AUTOGEN slider on VERY DENSE instead of EXTREMELY DENSE, the cause is the Landclass and not the airport scenery itself.

Hi,The stock FS04 does not have moving lights unless you added them with scenery.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://dot.kelder.net:8080/fseconomy/

Hi Ido,Are you talking about the lights on the roads around Tel-Aviv? That is the only scenery I have that uses those "lights as vehicles" that you are describing and they have the exact same FPS hit on my machine. Just curious if that is the scenery you are speaking about?Also, Thanks you very very much for the fabulous scenery. IMHO Israel is one of the best covered areas in the world for flying.Thanks for all the hours of pleasure...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest ido_r

yea thats what i'm talking about... mybe its really a part of the scenery been a long time since I've used the default one. so any idea if it is an effect that i can simply delete ?

Hi Ido,Unfortunately, someone else will have to answer that one. Maybe the textures can be replaced with new road textures?-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hello Ido,if the scenery add-on was created with Ground2K4 (and the original file names not altered) then the special road night effects will be in bgl files with "_9nnn" at the end of their names, as in "myroads_9001.bgl" or something like that. Renaming those files to *.bgl.bak should get rid of the effect without deleting the roads themselves.Cheers, Holger

Guest ido_r

Hello Holger,I've just tried it and it is working many thanks !

Woo hoo!!! I am going to do the same as I love the scenery but it does take quite a toll on the FPS at night. Holger saves the day again :)Cheers,-paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk