This is curious, but even though I show the .fpr files where they should be - C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav\routes - when going into the Flight planner P3D v4.3 and trying to load the flight plan into the Majestic Q400, the plans cannot be found. In the directory they show up. I have been away from the computer for 3 months and I am wondering if any procedure has changed. Using the .PLN  flight plans for other Planes works fine. I look forward to receiving your comments. Regards,

Rolf

I'm not sure what's causing the issue, but I notice that you have P3D installed inside the Program Files folder. This is a huge mistake. The Program Files folder is notorious for denying permission to write/create new files. I'm fairly certain that this is your problem. Have you set your security settings to the minimum?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Open the permissions dialog in Windows Explorer and transfer ownership of "routes"
"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\nav\routes" to yourself. That is usually the easiest solution.

I don't think that the LM installation folder is the problem but the requirement of many add-on developers to store flight plans in write protected (or rather: virtualized) folders. They should use the Documents folder.

Of course you can also solve this by installing P3D into your home folder or another not write protected place. Something like C:\Users\MYLOGIN\Prepar3D

Alex

• Like 1

Gentlemen, Thank you for your response. I am traveling at the moment but will tackle your suggestions when I get back next week.

Kindest regards,

Rolf

2 hours ago, nealmac said:

Nice picture, Neal, Ah-Haaaaaaaa. Care for some Sprunt?

Edited by Jude Bradley
  • Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

Nice picture, Neal, Ah-Haaaaaaaa. Care for some Sprunt?

Good call!

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On 8/16/2018 at 8:34 AM, albar965 said:

Open the permissions dialog in Windows Explorer

Hi Alex,

I spent this afternoon trying to open the permissions dialog in Windows Explorer and transfer ownership of "routes". But all the options did not work out for me. Your recommendation appears to be straight forward and appears simple to do. Yet no luck.  I even reinstalled the latest version and patch of the q400. I will try and reinstall p3D v4 when the next major update comes around. 

Thanks for the help from you and Nealmac.

Regards,

Rolf 

Alex,

I am still struggling with getting the Q400 tofollow the Little Navmap's flight plans. In 'routes/properties/security'   I find 8 categories ranging from "All Application Packages" to "Trusted Installers" including my own "Rolf (Desktop-RK7T4TB\Rolf)" located in the middle of them all. Permission is granted as follows:

• All applications - Allow all
  • All Restricted applications - Read & Execute , list. read - Greyed out
  • Creator Owner - Special permission - Greyed out
  • System - Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute - List folder contents, Read, Write, all greyed out
  • Rolf (Desktop-RK7T4Tb\Rolf) - All categories except special permission
  • Administrators (Desktop-RK7T4TB\Administrators) - All categories allowed but greyed out
  • Users (Desktop-RK7T4Tb\Users  Allowed Read & Execute , List folder contents, read  greyed out.
  • Trusted installer - Allowed list folder contents, special permissions   greyed out.

Under sharing -

• routes shared - Network Path 
  • \\DESKTOP-RK7T4TB\Majestic\routes

I am now able to find the FP in ...nav/routes  but I still can not transfer it within P3D v4.3. navigation, load flight plan. Please have a look at the path.

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400

Your help will be appreciated.

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Try to take ownership of the folder. Then you don't have to fiddle with the permissions. See below.

Sorry about the German, but Windows does not allow to change the language on the fly.

Make sure that the permissions and ownership information is inherited to the child objects like the files in that folder. "Vererbung" in the image below.

Alex

vsHmm1o.png

Hi Alex, Thank you for your reply. 

Taking ownership of the folder?. Do you mean - Routes, Nav or mjc8q400.

Thanks,

Rolf

Hi Alex,

All appears to work the way it should with the Q400. Thanks a lot for your help.

Rolf