Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Why Is The FSLA319 Such A Job To Fly?

try using the  f4   keys  to  bring  it  back  to clb  detent

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

112 ias for V2??? very low, after that you have a stall warning, when i take off V1, VR and V2 are about 150 IAS

Thank you for all your replies, Gents. Much appreciated.

So that I can nail the hearsays, whyfors, etc,etc here, let me clarify once and for all how I set this particular aircraft up.

P3D v4.3.29--default F22---change to A319---select LEPA Gate 22-C+D Panel State----GPU on. Then I set the ADIRS.

Then switch on RHS  MCDU----INIT. Input the From/To LSK with LEPA/EGCC, which then brings up the PFPX-created Saved Routes.INSERT.

Then I input the Flt Nmbr-CI-Crz/Temp.

Back to LHS MCDU, I then input 8500Kgs Fuel compared to 7000Kgs that PFPX computes.

Back to RHS MCDU, R1LSK click on ZFW/ and the figures go in automatically. Next under that is Fuel Planning LSK---again,I click on that an it comes up with a figure 5 for BLOCK but I change this to 7.

Then, still in the RHS MCDU, i move to PERF, where at Take Off Page, I select Flaps 1-Flex Temp around 24 as it's quite warm at LEPA-check the TA altitude-then click at V1, VR, V2 which shows up as V1=102,VR=108,V2=113, but according to replies I have read herein, I seem to be inputting the wrongs speeds.

Then back to RHS MCDU to input the F-PLAN, choosing RWY 6L at LEPA , clearing the DISCONTINUITY then inserting the STARS for EGCC.

Then I run the GSX services

At 6L I make sure FDs are on, Strobe on, Landing Lights on, ATHR on, etc, etc using the slider switch on the joystick throttle up along the Rwy

Take off at around 120. then follow prompts for the thrust levers using my Logic3 PRO joystick.

So, where is it I am going wrong? Have latest Registered FSUIPC, but have not assigned anything.

4 hours ago, ErichB said:

I agree here.  There is far too little investment by flightsimmers in high quality controllers.  I have seen people invest so much money in their flightsim setup's  - every available addon, monster PC's , - only to find a crappy £60  saitek controller on their desks.  Why?

A valid point,Erich, but cannot afford two MS Force Feedback Sidewinders 2 joysticks as they are no longer available.

Open to suggestions.

6 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thank you for all your replies, Gents. Much appreciated.

So that I can nail the hearsays, whyfors, etc,etc here, let me clarify once and for all how I set this particular aircraft up.

P3D v4.3.29--default F22---change to A319---select LEPA Gate 22-C+D Panel State----GPU on. Then I set the ADIRS.

Then switch on RHS  MCDU----INIT. Input the From/To LSK with LEPA/EGCC, which then brings up the PFPX-created Saved Routes.INSERT.

Then I input the Flt Nmbr-CI-Crz/Temp.

Back to LHS MCDU, I then input 8500Kgs Fuel compared to 7000Kgs that PFPX computes.

Back to RHS MCDU, R1LSK click on ZFW/ and the figures go in automatically. Next under that is Fuel Planning LSK---again,I click on that an it comes up with a figure 5 for BLOCK but I change this to 7.

Then, still in the RHS MCDU, i move to PERF, where at Take Off Page, I select Flaps 1-Flex Temp around 24 as it's quite warm at LEPA-check the TA altitude-then click at V1, VR, V2 which shows up as V1=102,VR=108,V2=113, but according to replies I have read herein, I seem to be inputting the wrongs speeds.

Then back to RHS MCDU to input the F-PLAN, choosing RWY 6L at LEPA , clearing the DISCONTINUITY then inserting the STARS for EGCC.

Then I run the GSX services

At 6L I make sure FDs are on, Strobe on, Landing Lights on, ATHR on, etc, etc using the slider switch on the joystick throttle up along the Rwy

Take off at around 120. then follow prompts for the thrust levers using my Logic3 PRO joystick.

So, where is it I am going wrong? Have latest Registered FSUIPC, but have not assigned anything.

are you having the  same  issues  with  the  320  at all  as per  the  319

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just now, pete_auau said:

are you having the  same  issues  with  the  320  at all  as per  the  319

Hi Pete. Not tried A320 as yet. Bought it last year but never tried it as had called time on flightsimming, until last few weeks.

Just now, vc10man said:

Hi Pete. Not tried A320 as yet. Bought it last year but never tried it as had called time on flightsimming, until last few weeks.

ok  just wondering  have  you  tried  my suggestion at all  using  the  f4  keys  to bring  the  throttles  back  to  clb  detent?

Peter kelberg

Will do after finishing work later this evening when I give all tips and suggestions a go.

why ddo you start with f22, start direct with the fsl

today, start a flight with a320, gcts-egcc, zfw 56T, flaps 1+f, flex 68, 13T fuel

v1,vr,v2 set in mcdu 151 ias

Frédéric Giraud

17 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

why ddo you start with f22, start direct with the fsl

today, start a flight with a320, gcts-egcc, zfw 56T, flaps 1+f, flex 68, 13T fuel

v1,vr,v2 set in mcdu 151 ias

I thought that was the long prescribed method of using high-end Add-on aircraft.Start with default aircraft, then change?

29 minutes ago, vc10man said:

I thought that was the long prescribed method of using high-end Add-on aircraft.Start with default aircraft, then change?

FSLabs confirmed that it was only necessary on the FSX version. It no longer makes sense for P3Dv4 and I can confirm that it works without selecting a default aircraft first.

I've read your detailed statement on how you perform your steps and I can see that you focus a lot on what the aircraft gives you when it fulfills the information automatically for the fmgc. That means that if you get a value that doesn't make sense you'll fly with it. It's better to run your own calculations at least to get a feel for the values needed by the aircraft. Check this site: http://wabpro.cz/A320/

Assuming that all the values you've obtained are good than we're left with a controller problem. Have you set up your axes according to the FSLabs instructions? Have you checked that there's no axis being used for two different functions? Some users have suggested the use of F1-F4 keys to avoid the throttle axis. That's good advice. Try a takeoff using only F4 for TOGA/FLEX and F1 to go back to CLB. Autothrottle should engage once you set the CLB detent (it's not set for takeoff, it's on a standby mode during the runway acceleration and initial climb until CLB thrust is selected). With that and a valid (sequenced without discontinuities) flightplan you should be able to activate autopilot and A/T for the flight.

Edited by Wolf0

Thanks for that reply, Wolf0.

Now your 2nd para makes sense to me.

No, have not set axes. On previous Windows 7 Pro x 64 set-up, from within Window, I could calibrate a joystick. For some reason it's missing in my current Windows 7 Pro x64 set-up. Tried to set it up via P3D but it made no head or tail to me.

Will do a test later tonight with suggested keys.

I had bought a Thrustmaster joystick, which does not have swivel axes for rudder steering but has the rest. But could not get the slider control to operate the throttle axis(Z), so returned it thinking it was faulty. Got a 2nd hand Logic 3 PRO instead.

Feel really positive now, with all the helpful replies, suggestions, tips, etc of making progress forwards.

Hi Rick,

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

In the 32-bit version we recommended loading in to the sim with a default aircraft first, then switching to the A320-X. In P3Dv4 that is no longer necessary, you can just select the A320/A319-X directly in the scenario setup screen. However, I would very much recommend keeping your P3D default flight as 'standard' (i.e. the F22) -- you just don't need to go through loading the F22 up in to an actual scenario before selecting the A3XX.

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

So that I can nail the hearsays, whyfors, etc,etc here, let me clarify once and for all how I set this particular aircraft up

I'm struggling slightly to follow what you're doing in which MCDU. The very low V speeds you mention suggest to me that you may not have initialised the weights properly.

As you are using GSX, the best way to load the aircraft and the way that I do it is:

- Load the "On GPU" panel state

The Airbus recommended sequence for loading the MCDU is to initialise the route first, then enter the weights (this is because particularly the older A320s didn't have a lot of puff in terms of FMGC processing power and if you entered the weights first this could cause the MCDU to run very slowly as every time you revised the lateral flight plan it would have to re-calculate the vertical profile - doing the lateral flightplan first then entering the weights afterwards means there's no vertical profile for it to calculate until you put the weights in). The mnemonic for the sequence of pages is DIFSRIPP: DATA, INIT A, F-PLN, SEC F-PLN, RAD NAV, INIT B, PROG, PERF.

DATA - select A/C status and ensure you have the right aircraft/engine type, nav database etc!

INIT A - fill out DEP/DEST, ALTN, CI, cruise altitude/temp etc.

F-PLN - enter/check the lateral flight plan, select SID/STAR etc as appropriate and so on.

SEC F-PLN - copy the active, do whatever you need to do (e.g. set up for a return/engine-out SID etc etc).

RAD NAV - set any radio aids as desired

INIT B - enter the desired ZFW and block fuel required. Once you have entered these you can then open GSX and request refuelling and boarding -- the GSX integration will then refuel the aircraft and load passengers to the entered ZFW (once boarding is completed it is worth going back to enter the actual CG). You can check the progress of boarding by going to MCDU MENU -> OPTIONS -> PAYLOAD where you will see the payload increasing incrementally as GSX boarding takes place.

PROG - check cruise level against OPT/REC MAX, NAV ACCY etc.

PERF - enter (you can use the rudimentary calculation provided by the FMGC or http://wabpro.cz/A320/#profile is an excellent takeoff performance caclulator that will give you all you need).

One other suggestion re: throttles: you may wish to widen the detent zones, by going through MCDU OPTIONS -> CONTROLS -> THRUST LEVERS. The manual probably explains it better than I can, but essentially you are setting where each detent starts and ends: so you can start with your thrust lever against the idle stop which would be the lower end of the "idle" detent, then move it up slightly to set the upper end of the idle detent -- that is to say everywhere between the lower stop and this position would be the idle detent. Then repeat for each subsequent detent. This should make them easier to locate.

Edited by skelsey
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rick,

You would never, as far as i'm aware, set a Flex temp as low as 24.  Typical temps are 54 to 68.  This is probably what's throwing your V speeds off.  In effect you're telling the MDU you have way more power than you actually have.  For your next flight i'd forget a Flex take off and just push the levers all the way forward to TOGA.  Just be aware you will hit acceleration point at 1000' AGL very quickly at which point levers to CLB.  Watch the FD and retract flaps when indicated.  This can take some time if you are close to MGW. 

Good luck!

Just a thought, if you are still having problems maybe a YT video might help.

4 minutes ago, skelsey said:

However, I would very much recommend keeping your P3D default flight as 'standard' (i.e. the F22) -- you just don't need to go through loading the F22 up in to an actual scenario before selecting the A3XX.

I just load it from the start screen then change aircraft from there to whatever.

5 minutes ago, skelsey said:

I'm struggling slightly to follow what you're doing in which MCDU. The very low V speeds you mention suggest to me that you may not have initialised the weights properly.

It's a pity I have lost the freebie image hosting site,OZhosting, otherwise I'd show you the weights, etc because after selecting the BLOCK fuel, all the other bits such TOW/LW ,etc, etc automatically got filled in on the INIT Fuel Predictions page in the RHS MSDU(I use both MCDU for a better standing of switching )

20 minutes ago, skelsey said:

As you are using GSX, the best way to load the aircraft and the way that I do it is:

- Load the "On GPU" panel state 

Already do that.

21 minutes ago, skelsey said:

The Airbus recommended sequence for loading the MCDU is to initialise the route first, then enter the weights

Already do that. After initializing the ADIRS, I wait for the route with SIDS to be displayed,then move on.

23 minutes ago, skelsey said:

One other suggestion re: throttles: you may wish to widen the detent zones, by going through MCDU OPTIONS -> CONTROLS -> THRUST LEVERS. T

That I most certainly did not spot. Thanks for that.

Did you try using f1 and f4 instead of your slider yet?   

Can you check all your axis on all connected controllers in both fsuipc and the P3D Menu

And  may I ask how did you come up with a flex temp of 24? Not that I think that is your problem just curious.  

Edited by mikea76

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB