Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Why Is The FSLA319 Such A Job To Fly?

32 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

You would never, as far as i'm aware, set a Flex temp as low as 24.

IRC, I used to set Flex temps using Topcat? But haven't used that for ages, or with my fogged up brain being out of action from simming a while, just took a random guess, but recalling the MD-11 Tutorial, you were right it was set to around 58C but the reason I opted for a lower setting was i had read somewhere here that higher FLEX temps causes engine wear

Thanks, nevertheless for your tips too.

Edited by vc10man
wrong spelling

Just set-up following exactly your post, Simon.

Now at GSX stage.

Will update on progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

IRC, I used to set Flex temps using Topcat? But haven't used that for ages, or with my fogged up brain being out of action from simming a while, just took a random guess, but recalling the MD-11 Tutorial, you were right it was set to around 58C but the reason I opted for a lower setting was i had read somewhere here that higher FLEX temps causes engine wear

Thanks, nevertheless for your tips too.

Yep, thats true, but you will never use a temp lower than the ambient temperature. Usually temps are above 50s...

Some one told you about wabpro.cz some posts ago, try it to calculate the temp. Its a easy and powerful tool.

Miguel Leandro

3 hours ago, Ekim said:

Yep, thats true, but you will never use a temp lower than the ambient temperature. Usually temps are above 50s...

Some one told you about wabpro.cz some posts ago, try it to calculate the temp. Its a easy and powerful tool.

Thanks for that, and used SImon's link, and wonderful it is too. Got what I needed there.

Bit too late to try it all together tonight. Been at football.

Will try tomorrow. Feel uplifted now, thanks to all the help here,

….P3D v4.3.29--default F22---change to A319.....

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I remember having one or two problems (I think it was with the Quality Wings 146) when using the F22 as the default aircraft. I solved that by switching to the Beechcraft Baron B58 as the default plane when P3D loads.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Topcat never gave me a Flex temp this low for the A319. Let's see how the bird behaves if you enter something different or try TOGA.

I always start my flight from the scenario window and choose the A319 immediatelly. No problems so far.

From my experience with the FSLabs aircraft I found if I loaded another plane in first and then switched to the 320/319 strange things used to happen to the controls/systems. I don't think the 3XX series is meant to be switched with other aircraft as it loads its own panel state when you switch anyway.

And with regards to being "such a job to fly", it really isn't. If I'm in a rush I can go from Cold & Dark to fully setup and taxi'ing within 10minutes. Just takes afew flights until you get into a rythem

Edited by Litmoose

3 hours ago, Litmoose said:

From my experience with the FSLabs aircraft I found if I loaded another plane in first and then switched to the 320/319 strange things used to happen to the controls/systems. I don't think the 3XX series is meant to be switched with other aircraft as it loads its own panel state when you switch anyway.

And with regards to being "such a job to fly", it really isn't. If I'm in a rush I can go from Cold & Dark to fully setup and taxi'ing within 10minutes. Just takes afew flights until you get into a rythem

I think the OP is getting WAY to wrapped up in procedures  for a flight.  His issue is far more likely to be a controller or corrupted install . A few of us have asked him to try taking off using only the f1 and f4 keys for throttle and I asked him a few times to check for controller conflicts  but I don’t think he has done either of those yet.   In his second post he mentioned how everything went haywire when he moved the thrust levers to the clb detent via his slider on his joystick.  

That piece of info  suggests a controller conflict to me because even if he was not in the gates the plane would not behave as he described .  he would just be in manual thrust  since he is using one slider for both throttles

The beauty of the FSL Airbus is that you don’t have to follow exact procedures to fly it.  For example if you don’t initialize the weights you won’t have  managed but it will still fly perfectly fine. 

Yesterday before work this is what I put into the MDCU for a few practice laps around the pattern. 

KBOS-KBOS

130.8/29.6 

125 126 131 flaps 2 67 flex 

and that’s it....   I was off around the pattern with managed working  a couple of TnGs and off to work. 

Edited by mikea76
  • Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I always start my flight from the scenario window and choose the A319 immediatelly. No problems so far.

You will still have loaded a default aircraft first (unless you are saying that the FSL A319 is your assigned default aircraft). Which one appears in the scenario window when you load P3D?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Gents, at last I can say I have accomplished what I thought I needed help doing, and thanks to the advice rendered here and the assistance of an unnamed person, I finally am in the midst of a flight on the easyJet A319-115 from my original departure3 airport, LEPA, to EGCC.

Also found out what a crap 2nd hand joystick I got although the brand name used to be well-known......there was a spike happening of its own accord between CLB and FLEX/MCT, until I tried the recommended F presses herein, and voila!, all resolved itself.

A new top brand name joystick next in line.

Now cruising merrily, homewards bound.

To one and all, Thank You.

Q.E.D.

PS. Moderators can now close this topic.

• Upvote 1

We don't usually close topics that are within AVSIM ToS ... let them naturally die out over time. 

The FSL A320/319 is a wonder aircraft, it's the reason I'm starting to build an A320 cockpit ... I hope ProSimA320 is as good (or better).

Cheers, Rob.

6 hours ago, vc10man said:

Gents, at last I can say I have accomplished what I thought I needed help doing, and thanks to the advice rendered here and the assistance of an unnamed person, I finally am in the midst of a flight on the easyJet A319-115 from my original departure3 airport, LEPA, to EGCC.

Also found out what a crap 2nd hand joystick I got although the brand name used to be well-known......there was a spike happening of its own accord between CLB and FLEX/MCT, until I tried the recommended F presses herein, and voila!, all resolved itself.

A new top brand name joystick next in line.

Now cruising merrily, homewards bound.

To one and all, Thank You.

Q.E.D.

PS. Moderators can now close this topic.

least  you got  it  sorted  rick  since  I had  the  same  issues  you had  that's  why I suggested  using  the  f  keys   to  bring into  climb  detent,  so  got  rid  of  my   joystick  which I had  for  years  and  went  with  thrust master joystick  and  got  the  throttle   as  well works  well   with  dcs  hornet:)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Gents

One small glitch.

During a cruise heading to LEPA, heading towards TD waypoint, while cycling internal views, all off a sudden the P3Dv4 just went into 'Not Responding' mode.

Any ideas what could have caused this?

Supporting info:-: P3Dv4.3.29-FSL A319-no Active Sky.Only GSX, FSUPIC, default P3D settings.Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, 8Gm RAM, GTX970.

Thanks.

On 8/17/2018 at 10:33 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

We don't usually close topics that are within AVSIM ToS ... let them naturally die out over time. 

The FSL A320/319 is a wonder aircraft, it's the reason I'm starting to build an A320 cockpit ... I hope ProSimA320 is as good (or better).

Cheers, Rob.

Wow, that will be a work of art. Congrats, Rob

If you can run to one the Warthog HOTAS is a wonderful bit of kit

HALL give amazing feel and control  

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip