Sign in to follow this  
monnie

HELP! I Can't Uninstall FS9

Guest 727Fan

I have the most bizarre behaving FS9 in the world. I've hadconsistent bouts with CTDs, then periods of stability. I've had"out of memory" boxes suddenly crash the sim, and I've flown hundredsof miles over metro areas wihout a problem. I've tried every fix suggested by Microsoft and kind members of AVSIM. I replaced my entire computer, changed joysticks, updated drivers, latest Direct X. You name it. I've done it.So someone suggested a bad copy of FS9. Unlikley. But right now, itseems to be the only thing I haven't tried.So I was gonna use a friends copy of FS9. But first I have to uninstall from my system.AND IT WON'T!!!Not via the programs selection, nor the addremove in Control Panel.I have FS2K2 and CFS2 in the same directory, and their uninstall programs will execute. FS9's will not. Does this sound like a bad copy? I use AVG antivirus (updated daily). I've used Spybot to root out any spyware. All report negative for malicous creatures.I'm completely out of options now. Can anyone help me?Thanks!!Rick

Try un-installing by using the original disc 1. It should should auto start and un-install should be an option. Hope that helps.Bob...

Guest w2sjw

Yep, my suggestion exactly as well. There are a few add-ons out there that put their un-installers in the root FS9 directory, and they just HAPPEN to be named the 'uninstall.exe', just like the default MS un-installer. Now that the original file has been over-written, the CD method is probably your only option...

The CD should work. But, if not, it's not difficult to manually delete everything including the single Registry entry. If the CD doesn't work post another note and I'll give you the info on what's needed for a manual uninstall. I would recommend, though, that you uninstall all your add-ons before uninstalling FS9 as that will keep all the Registry entries for the add-ons sorted.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest 727Fan

OK!Thanks for the advice. I had a freeware scenery add-on of KSLC, Wings Of Power Bomber pack and 3 of their fighters (Fw190, P47, andP51), the Abacus Fighter Pilot package, and lots of AIAC (all fromFSP, AIA, CDAI, PAI, HTAI)I removed the add-on programs first. Then I tried the FS9 uninstall, which didn't launch again. Put CD1 in and the uninstall went OK.Thanks to all for the advice. You know, I had a problem or two with FS2K2, both of which were solved quickly by nice folks here at AVSIM.But these FS9 problems have vexed me for 2 years. Now I'll try using a friends discs to see what happens.By the way, I saw Microsoft's FSX display at EEA. It was a hot day, and the sim I watched was down to about 2-3 FPS (my guess-the tech said they aren't revealing that yet!) because the Microsoft tech said the CPUs were overheating.It looked very nice. They were running it on a Pentium 4, 3.0Ghz with a Gig of RAM.The tech said this was a new sim, not just a tweaked FS9. Boats and cars are animated and move along. There is animation at the airportswith jetways and ground support vehicles. One scene showed a movingherd of elephants!!The sim will recognize parking spaces defined by aircraft type, i.eB747, etc.Release is October 2006. That's all. Booth was busy.Thanks all!Rick (KMKE)

Hi,I think I was careful to read all of the advice, and I hope I did. Course, Sometimes I can't read:-)But just in case ... If you have the update to fs9 making it "fs9.1" then the instructions says you might want to delete the "backup" folder in the directory to do a complete uninstall. If you don't, it remembers all of your bad habits. (Well am of mine anyway.)I keep my update in a tools folder that way I don't have to worry about re-downloading it when I reinstall.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)