Sign in to follow this  
PWJT8D

Coolsky Fleet Coming to P3Dv4

Hi Folks,

I tried for years to get Espen to upgrade the old Mad Dog for P3D on his forums - he dug in his heels pretty hard with FSX... There were work arounds he supported for P3D on the forum but they didn't seem to work with Win10 - and the last I corresponded with Espen he didn't even have a PC with Win10 to troubleshoot to support his customers - while I'm cautiously optimistic - I'll take it with a grain of salt... I wasted many hours trying to get this old favorite to work... I'll watch for positive feedback before going down this path again...

Regards,
Scott 

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

52 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I tried for years to get Espen to upgrade the old Mad Dog for P3D on his forums - he dug in his heels pretty hard with FSX... There were work arounds he supported for P3D on the forum but they didn't seem to work with Win10 - and the last I corresponded with Espen he didn't even have a PC with Win10 to troubleshoot to support his customers - while I'm cautiously optimistic - I'll take it with a grain of salt... I wasted many hours trying to get this old favorite to work... I'll watch for positive feedback before going down this path again...

Regards,
Scott 

On the DC9 F1 page there is : LOCKHEED MARTIN PREPAR3D v4.x Windows: Windows 7 / 8 / 10

More, there is a coupon file for the owner of previous version ($29.95 instead $54.95)

Important : Boxed version coupons coming Soon.

Regards,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Unless users post here (AVSIM) their forum is only accessible to registered users ( meaning you buy it ) , there was an early post indicating problems but was quiclky locked..

Jorge

11 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,
Scott 

I was a beta tester and I have Windows 10 and the latest version of P3D. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

19 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Any word on how this compares to the Leonardo MD-82?

The Coolsky MD's are a much much older build than the Leonardo version which was completely redone for P3D. Because of that, the Leo version will have more features and better textures to todays standards, however, also a lot more expensive so it is just a matter of what you like. The Coolsky DC-9 still remains the best available DC-9 without question.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 hour ago, aeronauta said:

Richard can you provide a link please...

Edit>> It is here , http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=s80dc9mp

I downloaded the Manual and it says 

Software Requirements
The DC-9 Classic requires Prepar3D v4 to be installed.

Jorge

Jorge,

I'm speaking about the discount for earlier version customers :

From the F1 product page:

"We are providing a sizable discount if you have an earlier FSX version of the product. Download the ZIP file below which has coupons that will allow you to purchase the Prepar3D v4 MegaPack for $29.95.

Download Version Coupons - If you own either the DC-9 Classic, Super 80 (Classic), or Super 80 Professional products.

DVD Version Coupons - If you own either the Super 80 (Classic), or Super 80 Professional products. Important: Read the included .txt file in the zip for additional coupon instructions."

The problem is there are not DVD version coupons for the DC-9 Classic boxed/dvd version owners of which I am a part...

Regards,

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Personally I really just want the DC-9, but as a previously owner of the DC-9 $30 for all three seems like a decent deal, even if I never install the two MD's (I have and and quite happy with the Leonardo version).

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU