Sign in to follow this  
PWJT8D

Coolsky Fleet Coming to P3Dv4

http://www.coolsky.no/news/other-news/520-super-80-classic-super-80-pro-dc-9-classic-for-p3d

Very exciting news, I miss their DC-9. It was one of my favorite aircraft for FSX. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Very nice news. Coolsky was initially reluctant to update their fleet for Prepar3D by saying P3D market share was too small. Huge mistake at the time, but now they've change their mind and this is very good.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I remember the performance being terrible in their DC-9 somthing to do with how the gauges were programmed 

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Mehh.  No major upgrades and separate purchase from the fsx version.  They were alright back in the day.  I would see no reason to purchase over the Leo Maddog X

Matt Wilson

Bring it on!!

I liked having both the Maddog and the Super 80 Pro, and of course the DC9 was really a nice aircraft.

It was fun to have both MD80s.  They were unique in their own way.

I'm looking forward to having them again.

Will they be releasing them all together?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Mehh.  No major upgrades and separate purchase from the fsx version.  They were alright back in the day.  I would see no reason to purchase over the Leo Maddog X

+1

Why did they even bother?  I'll stick with Leo Maddog X

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 1

Matthew S

Unlike the maddog developers maybe coolsky at least consider homecockpit builders and attach some 2d panels with the plane.

On 8/16/2018 at 1:46 AM, MatthewS said:

+1

Why did they even bother?  I'll stick with Leo Maddog X

Uhh Why Not?

Leo only brought the MD-88 style pink config to P3D.

A shell of what the Maddog 2008 was with literally every Maddog Cockpit config imaginable.

I can understand skipping on the Cool Sky EFIS Pro Version. But their Original 1980s Super 80 all analog blue layout will be awesome and the DC-9 will be a welcomed improvement over the Skysim.

I love the Leo Maddog. But in v4 It just feels incomplete without the option of the Blue, half analog or full analog variants that used to be available in previous versions!

That said it is by far the best MD-88 style sim ever made. Which leaves Coolsky to be able to fill the gap with their original Super 80 config version. Which in my opinion is the most enjoyable version of the Maddog.

• Upvote 2

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

What cools my enthusiasm for Cool Sky I had both the MD88 and DC9 on FSX and never could use either after Windows Ten came along. In fact their failure to bring their products up to date for the Windows update led me to believe that they joined Level D in a state of suspended animation. Unfortunately they will not bring their flat animated looking VC up to date is another reason I'll be spending no more on DC9's since I have the Leonardo and TDFi with state of the art system fidelity and visuals.

Nice product in its day but sorry guys. Too little too late.

Vic green

The Coolsky DC-9 has many bugs in FSX that Espen, the developer, hasn't fixed for years!

Remember the DC-9 was advertised with  "Study level accuracy", working failures, all circuit-breakers etc.

Unfortunately Esen the developer stopped bug-fixing 3y's ago. But he now seas a new opportunity to make some cash.

So be careful before forking out your hard earned cash!

I hate as much as anybody when a developer doesn't stand by his words.

Here's a whole conversation about the bug-fixing. Look at the dates :dry:.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: 26-June-2015 at 9:18pm Mainly those:
FO's side: ADI glideslope ind. doesn't work. CB Glideslope 2 (E panel) if pulled results in vor/loc red flag on FO's HSI. CB Glideslope 2 (C panel) if pulled results in no flag on FO's HSI or ADI.

CPT's side: CB Glideslope 1 (row 9 overhead panel) if pulled results in glideslope red flag on ADI & HSI but glideslope ind. is still working on ADI.

Thanx Espen Smile

Posted: 19-October-2015 at 9:37pm Hey Espen,
Any word on the above bugs? Especially the FO's ADI glideslope ind.
Would be nice if such a simple bug is fixed, since allot of people are flying from both left & right side!

Posted: 20-October-2015 at 12:13pm

I just can't say. I depend on partners to fix VC issues and unfortunately they're not very active these days. Sorry.

Posted: 29-September-2016 at 11:53pm Hello Espen Smile, how are you?
3 Failures are not working Rapid decompression, Runaway Stabilizer trim & Spoiler float (under Emergency> Other).
Tested with all kind of triggers, but no joy.
Also I have 2 Rapid Decompression windows in Failures , don't know why?
Can you fix this please?

Posted: 02-October-2016 at 9:53am
Thanks for the bug report, I'll have a look at these issues shortly.

Posted: 28-September-2017 at 1:53pm
Well I posted about the buggs 2y's ago!, if they bugs aren't fixed in all this time.....they never will!

Not able to fly an ILS from FO side, some failures not working, some circuit breakers bugged...etc.

You're not nurturing the DC-9, but yet you gladly continue to sell it as a "study level sim"! Not OK !!!

Posted: 02-October-2017 at 9:33am
Point taken. Unfortunately, as in life in general, the list of things I want to get done is usually much longer than the list of things that actually get done. I'm sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the DC-9 Classic.

11 hours ago, Skysurfer7 said:

I hate as much as anybody when a developer doesn't stand by his words.

Obviously. You went through a lot of trouble with that post to run Espen in the mud. I'll go through the same trouble to back him up. Keep in mind this aircraft was released SIX years ago. They did an excellent job in creating a great model of the DC-9, one to this day that still hasn't been matched. Seems your views have done a complete one-eighty since this post of yours on October 28, 2014....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do have the Coolsky DC-9,  I don't own the CS737.

When I zoom in on the instruments when flying the DC-9 in IFR, it feels as I'm in the real airplane.

The refresh rate & smoothness of all the analog instruments & the looks, are just so real (thanks to McPath). I've never seen such realism in any other analog airplane.

The FDE is one of the best, on par with PMDG NGX & Majestic Q400.. :wink:"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Espen never had plans of a P3D update for the DC-9 so his intentions of as you put it "a new opportunity to make some cash" are entirely your opinion. But the majority kept asking and wanting the DC-9 to be flyable in P3D over at the Coolsky forums. He finally caved and work began. Of course I believe he should be compensated for his time being put into this. There won't be any new added features. The aircraft is just being adjusted to work within P3D. The biggest inconvenience will be anything to do with McPhat such as the texturing and cargo model. This P3D update will only include the passenger version of the DC-9. The cargo version was entirely McPhat studios as they own the rights.

Two circuit breakers and some failures not working seem rather petty to me in the whole scheme of things. To each their own I guess.

And just curious, why would you ever want to pull a glideslope circuit breaker anyways?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

7 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Two circuit breakers and some failures not working seem rather petty to me in the whole scheme of things. To each their own I guess.

And just curious, why would you ever want to pull a glideslope circuit breaker anyways?

Not being able to fly an ILS from FO side is a biggie to me! & others who wish to fly from the F/O side.

Mind that there are more bug's not seen in that thread, especially in the failure's scenarios. When a developer advertises that everything is working 100% as per his manuals & documentation & it's NOT & he refuses to do anything about it, then we have a problem! 

Or would you settle for an 95% working PMDG/Majestic/Leonardo plane, from what they advertise???

You pull the breaker to simulate loss of glide-slope, or to fly an Localizer app.

Edited by Skysurfer7

On 8/23/2018 at 6:13 PM, American 833 Heavy said:

Uhh Why Not?

Leo only brought the MD-88 style pink config to P3D.

A shell of what the Maddog 2008 was with literally every Maddog Cockpit config imaginable.

I can understand skipping on the Cool Sky EFIS Pro Version. But their Original 1980s Super 80 all analog blue layout will be awesome and the DC-9 will be a welcomed improvement over the Skysim.

I love the Leo Maddog. But in v4 It just feels incomplete without the option of the Blue, half analog or full analog variants that used to be available in previous versions!

That said it is by far the best MD-88 style sim ever made. Which leaves Coolsky to be able to fill the gap with their original Super 80 config version. Which in my opinion is the most enjoyable version of the Maddog.

Leo is bringing different cockpit colours to P3D in the SP1 update, which should be coming pretty soon. 

I'd still like an analogue version though!

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:51 AM, PATCO LCH said:

Nice product in its day but sorry guys. Too little too late.

Looking forward a lot to the updated MD80!  Since I've grown up with the DC-9 and early MD80, the fully analog blue cockpit is a must for me.

Furthermore the Coolsky MD80 has an incredible high framerate.

As before I will merge it with the much better CLS MD80 external model. (e.g. reverser animation and correct main gear length)  

• Like 1