Resistance is futile.

19 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

The First two words of the title...."Nvidia says"

It was a press event, the demo was run with the press present and watching, so not really "nVidia says" ... more like "nVidia shows" and the press "say".

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Resistance is futile.

As usual you are probably correct. We have been in such a long slow period of real hardware progress that we make really easy targets.🔫

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

10 years in the making, it’s not just the next iteration of an existing design.

Either way I’ll post my results when the new GPUs arrive ... also heard the 9900K might be out same day of my GPU ship 10/1

The combo should provide for some promising improvements.

For VR lovers I think this setup will be a dream come true.

Cheers, Rob

57 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Either way I’ll post my results when the new GPUs arrive

Rob- Can I ask what version you purchased and why you made that choice? Lots of variations out there. Are they all the same?

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

10 years in the making, it’s not just the next iteration of an existing design.

Either way I’ll post my results when the new GPUs arrive ... also heard the 9900K might be out same day of my GPU ship 10/1

The combo should provide for some promising improvements.

Cheers, Rob

My 3570k @ 4.5 GHz is a little over six years old.  I've upgraded the video twice and currently have a 980 Ti.  I get decent performance at 4K/30 in P3D with medium-high settings, mostly in the NGX.  But I've been planning to do a new build sometime in the next few months and the 9900k with some variation of an EVGA 2080 Ti on an ASUS mobo is currently at the top of my list.  When I was young I would have had "go fever" to get everything on day 1.  At this point in my life, with a very stable system, I can wait until some of the dust settles and drivers are stable for use with P3D.  The person most anxious for me to do a new build is my daughter who wants to replace her 770 with my 980 Ti.

Edited by LRW
typo

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

3 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Rob- Can I ask what version you purchased and why you made that choice?

I purchased two 2080Ti FE from nVidia store.  I simulate in 4K and my goal is 30 FPS ... I usually just increase graphics settings until I drop to about min of 30 FPS.  If you want best bang for the buck, then that is probably the 2070.

I plan to get some full coverage water blocks for the 2080Ti's when they become available.  I'll run SLI and see how that goes.

Cheers, Rob.

20 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob

Hope you are right mate. Coming from an i7 4770K and a 980ti, FPS’ are starting to drop heavily even on medium-low settings VR, and I’m one of those that can’t come back to 2D after VR.

Early october for that i9 9900K? Can’t wait!

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by chass32

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

which mobo would you recomment with the 9900K ?

too much, too soon....