Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike_Luchia

FS9 crashes at startup

Guest rvg2

Hello,My fs freezes up about 10-15 seconds into the dc-3 screen. I deleted all recent add ons and it didnt do the trick. I think there is a key press during the startup of fs9 that will reset a certain file that could possibly fix the problem.I believe it is fs9.dll. I am sure you guys will know what I am talking about. Thanks so much.

Guest Mike_Luchia

You might be thinking of the FS9.cfg file. You can either use the start menu item under Flight Simulator 2005/Trouble shooting/Reset Defaults or, if you have a lot of tweaks in the fs9.cfg file, then I prefer renaming the file, then starting fs and it will rebuild a new one. If that does the trick, then you can always go back into the old fs9.cfg that you renamed, and copy over some of the tweaks you had in there.Good luck.

Guest jvazquez1953

I'm having somewhat of a similar problem... I unistalled FS9 (10-15 times), deleted all files in the PC, to include FS9 config (or at least I think so) an re installed FS9, with no luck. It crashes on the DC-3 screen, then the microsoft screen shows the famous "sorry your program crashed, if you were in the middle of something SOL". I went to the link that supposed to show the problem, it shows a dll, MCF70.dll. I went and replaced it, nothing happened. Any suggestions before I re format my drive or try "Xandros" (Linux).Jose, San Juan PR

Guest mariosunshine

I had a similar problem when I unchecked the render to texture box and was using the ASV cloud Dxt 3 textures. The reason was, it took like 10-15 seconds until the loaded real weather appeared which caused the crash. Kurt

Something else you should try before you start from scratch is to delete the flight that is loaded when fs9 starts. Sometimes if there is an issue at startup the flight file (xxx.pln) can get corrupted.You'll find the plan files in C:Documents and Settings{useraccount}My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files.You can point fs9 to another flight in fs9.cfg. Just search for SITUATION= and the name of your old flightplan file that you deleted and copy and paste the name of the new flightplan you picked over it in fs9.cfg.Here is the entry in fs9.cfg:SITUATION=C:Documents and Settings{useraccount}My DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesPrevious flightIn the example Previous flight would be pasted over with the name of the new plan file.fs9.cfg is found here: C:Documents and Settings{useraccount}Application DataMicrosoftFS9. The Application Data folder is normally hidden.Hope this helpsJohn