Sign in to follow this  
montanasimmer

Amazing ipad weather ap

All,

I discovered a pretty cool weather ap for you ipad users.  It's called Ventusky and it delivers a pretty amazing visual representation of winds at multiple altitudes, air pressures, clouds and precip any where in the world, plus with forecasts.  It is very easy to go to your destination, see the winds visually, check the pressure etc.  And you can check in mid-flight to see if things are changing.  Here in Colorado, they change quickly in the late afternoon with our notorious thunderstorms. 

I'ts $4 I think.  

Colin Ware

(and I don't work for the developer or have any financial relationship - I was just really impressed and it doesn't come up early in the list of weather aps in the ap store)

• Like 1

Looks a lot like the original one which has been around for quite a long time now. You can visit it here. Free and works on both PCs as well as mobile devices.

Either way, nice find.

Colin: thanks for the heads up. looks interesting. 

41 minutes ago, krazyk said:

Looks a lot like the original one which has been around for quite a long time now. You can visit it here. Free and works on both PCs as well as mobile devices.

Can't see any mobile version.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Check out www.windy.com. Best aviation weather site I have seen yet. They also have a free app.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Just fyi, Ventusky works on Android as well.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 hours ago, MarkDH said:

Can't see any mobile version.

This is a web site, no need for a specific mobile version...

Patrice Dubois

1 hour ago, patrice_bambou said:

This is a web site, no need for a specific mobile version...

LMRTFY

4 hours ago, krazyk said:

Free and works on both PCs as well as mobile devices.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Took a good look at windy.com.  Took me a while to find the way to select altitude.  Nice. I see how to display pressure, and from that with my background I can perceive weather systems (L's, H's, fronts).  However I cannot find how to display weather systems.  Is that a feature of the site?  If so please point me....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I do all my charts and weather on an ipad - so this is very helpful to me.   I actually use two ipads.  My older one, which has a weak battery, is always attached to the computer, and I use the mobile one as well.  One for en route charts and one for sectionals. I love being able to swap quickly to the weather ap in flight, see where the wind is coming from, and prepare accordingly.   I got to ride on a biz jet a while back and all the charts the pilots used were on an ipad.  It looked efficient and I love this set up.