Sign in to follow this  
amanlulo

AVSIM review of Coolsky DC-9

Hi all, I'm flying on the SkySim DC-9, updated to P3D v4.x. Since the COolSky DC-9 is ont this way, and since I'm not satisfied with the SkySim one, would you suggest me to purchase the CoolSky package, when updated to v4.3 and let in the hangar the SkySim one?

Thanks for any suggestion,

Fulvio  

Fulvio Arman

I have split you off from that 4 year old post in the FSX/FSX-SE forum.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

35 minutes ago, amanlulo said:

Hi all, I'm flying on the SkySim DC-9, updated to P3D v4.x. Since the COolSky DC-9 is ont this way, and since I'm not satisfied with the SkySim one, would you suggest me to purchase the CoolSky package, when updated to v4.3 and let in the hangar the SkySim one?

Fulvio  

Do you have any info on a Coolsky DC9 update for V4.3? Id long given up on seeing 64 bit operation for this old bird.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 hours ago, odourboy said:

Do you have any info on a Coolsky DC9 update for V4.3? Id long given up on seeing 64 bit operation for this old bird.

https://fselite.net/previews/coolsky-announces-p3d-compatibility-for-super80-dc9/

I just read this few days ago; that's what I asked for.

..and this is their official announcement

https://www.coolsky.no/news/other-news/520-super-80-classic-super-80-pro-dc-9-classic-for-p3d

Regards,

Fulvio

Edited by amanlulo
  • Upvote 1

Fulvio Arman

That's great! Do you know if there will be an upgrade path (free or discount) for existing customers of will this be a new purchase for everyone?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

20 minutes ago, odourboy said:

That's great! Do you know if there will be an upgrade path (free or discount) for existing customers of will this be a new purchase for everyone?

In their announcement it was written something about this, but no dicisions so far. I think reasonable to offer a discount to previous customers, but I've seen too very different behaviours, about this issue among the companies. Let's wait and see.

Fulvio Arman

9 hours ago, amanlulo said:

Fulvio  

Without question, yes to the Coolsky version. It is a great representation of the DC-9. 

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

57 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

Without question, yes to the Coolsky version. It is a great representation of the DC-9. 

I agree.  Coolsky's version is a much better product.

3 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I agree.  Coolsky's version is a much better product.

Thanks for your answer :-)

Fulvio Arman

4 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Thanks for your comment 😂

Fulvio Arman