Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Waiting for the 'Bus?

19 hours ago, Chock said:

It doesn't tip down as much at the front as the BBS model does

Have you tried extending the strut in the cfg file?

On 8/18/2018 at 12:08 PM, tooting said:

the managed descent is knackered.

Yeah, this issue has been experienced by a small percentage of customers.  We did find that some who reporting these issues had them corrected by completing the pre-flight data, Boeing guys learning more about the Airbus modes of operation, things like that, however there were still people who had the issue even if those things were all correct.  Despite focused testing on this issue I have still never experienced it, however others on the test team finally did last week so it was decided to re-write the LNAV and VNAV.  This is the only major bug I know of still to be corrected.

We also have brand new displays, a host of small fixes and additions, Connected Flight Deck, and of course the A320/A321 coming out in the next few weeks!

Best wishes to everyone.

• Like 3

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

10 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, this issue has been experienced by a small percentage of customers.  We did find that some who reporting these issues had them corrected by completing the pre-flight data, Boeing guys learning more about the Airbus modes of operation, things like that, however there were still people who had the issue even if those things were all correct.  Despite focused testing on this issue I have still never experienced it, however others on the test team finally did last week so it was decided to re-write the LNAV and VNAV.  This is the only major bug I know of still to be corrected.

We also have brand new displays, a host of small fixes and additions, Connected Flight Deck, and of course the A320/A321 coming out in the next few weeks!

Best wishes to everyone.

Thanks for the update Dave.

Is there any plan to improve performance? The bus is the only aircraft where I get performance degradation throughout the flight.

The flight can start well but with time I start encountering more and more stutters and the scenery is impacted as well (terrain becomes totally blurry).

Besides this I am really enjoying the buses

Thanks! 

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

21 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Best wishes to everyone.

Cheers thanks the shared flight deck is what im interested in

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

22 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Thanks for the update Dave.

Is there any plan to improve performance? The bus is the only aircraft where I get performance degradation throughout the flight.

The flight can start well but with time I start encountering more and more stutters and the scenery is impacted as well (terrain becomes totally blurry).

Besides this I am really enjoying the buses

Thanks! 

You are most welcome my friend.

I don't personally experience any performance issues, so it's a difficult question to answer (probably for all developers!).   Sometimes this is hardware, sometimes it's settings, shaders (including cusomter shaders which are the bane of every developer) and sometimes it's the software.

Post release there is almost always fine tweaking to improve performance, but I would be surprised is we saw any major performance increases with the Airbus.  This isn't to say that it won't happen, but from what I've seen the vast majority of our customers seem to experience rather excellent frame rates in the Airbus Pro.  One thing that could cause this is the shaders, so what you can try is deleting your P3D Shaders Folder (shaders are rebuilt the next time you start P3D).  The shader folder in question is located the AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

What's new in the displays?

The main reason I disliked the old Aerosoft Airbus is that the displays (PFD/ND) seemed low-res and low fps compared to what PMDG was doing at the time. 

I don't know the technicalities but it was like Aerosoft was only using the default XML gauge capabilities of P3D (or was it FSX?) and PMDG was writing their own high performance gauges.

Also I don't think the PFD/ND could be popped-up/undocked like with PMDG.

Are the new gauges higher res/more performant? Can they be popped-up/undocked?

Matthew S

On 8/18/2018 at 1:14 AM, Taver said:

This means the A330 is right around the corner. 

I wouldn't hold my breath. They way they are talking leads me to believe it will still be another few months before we see the A330.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On 8/19/2018 at 12:04 AM, MatthewS said:

I bought the Aerosoft Airbus a few years ago, can't remember what it was called "Advanced" or "X" something like that. It was good but I was not that impressed by it.

So this "Professional" version seems to be a completely new product !?

Oh, just had a look on Youtube.  The cockpit textures still look very "cartoony", no wing flex, no popup PFD, ND, the displays still look "low-res" compared to PMDG!

Frankly I'm not sure what has actually improved (visually) in the last 3 years.

Yes PMDG is still the "pinnacle of flight sim add-ons".

I'm a little disappointed from what I've seen so far on Youtube...

edit: Here's a good link to what's new...
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/868-so-whats-new-in-this-version/

Maybe I'll find some hi-res screenshots, I guess Youtube is not best way to judge fidelity of the visuals.

edit: Seems like SP1 will have faster and popup PFD/ND
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/133133-whats-not-available-whats-wrong/

edit: I might as well buy it, but I'll wait until SP1.

Ah, no wing flex. What a deal breaker that is 🙄

• Like 2

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

2 hours ago, nealmac said:

Ah, no wing flex. What a deal breaker that is 🙄

Yup lol. Whilst it's nice for external view replays, it's not essential for me since I can't even see the wings when flying it.

Moreover, wing flexing can be a bit iffy when it is modeled too, since FSX/P3D don't appear to handle wing flexing animations too well anyway. The most recent PMDG B747-400 is a good example of that; it's a brilliant add-on and the VAS usage of it in FSX is nothing short of a masterpiece of sim resource management, but the wing flexing can sometimes be a bit bonkers and it occasionally doesn't look especially brilliant when on the ground.

The Simcheck A300 doesn't have wing flexing modeled either, and that's one of the best Airbus add-ons there is. Strictly speaking, it's a bit less of a requirement for an Airbus anyway; they're not noted for displaying a large amount of wing flexing in real life.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

55 minutes ago, Chock said:

Moreover, wing flexing can be a bit iffy when it is modeled too, since FSX/P3D don't appear to handle wing flexing animations too well anyway. The most recent PMDG B747-400 is a good example of that; it's a brilliant add-on and the VAS usage of it in FSX is nothing short of a masterpiece of sim resource management, but the wing flexing can sometimes be a bit bonkers and it occasionally doesn't look especially brilliant when on the ground.

That has nothing to do with P3D but with how PMDG chose to model it. If you take a look at QW's 787 the wing flex is very fluid and looks pretty realistic. But seeing PMDG's new 747-8 on stream the other day they fixed the wing flex it looks much more natural.

Edited by Seven87

14 hours ago, MatthewS said:

What's new in the displays?

The main reason I disliked the old Aerosoft Airbus is that the displays (PFD/ND) seemed low-res and low fps compared to what PMDG was doing at the time. 

I don't know the technicalities but it was like Aerosoft was only using the default XML gauge capabilities of P3D (or was it FSX?) and PMDG was writing their own high performance gauges.

Also I don't think the PFD/ND could be popped-up/undocked like with PMDG.

Are the new gauges higher res/more performant? Can they be popped-up/undocked?

The first thing you need to learn is that, you need to stop comparing any aircrafts out there to PMDG. STOP! Seriously! Though it's true PMDG are good products, it's erroneous to compare an Airbus to PMDG Boeing. Remember PMDG has not , and may never,  develop an Airbus.  (Maybe they are Not capable of working on a 'serious' aircraft- maybe). 

Aerosoft's Airbuses are excellent aircrafts, with stunning detailed graphics. Correct, they do not simulate every failure as in a real-world aircraft. But, do you need that? No! Unless you think you can become an airline pilot by training on a home desktop for $100.00. The idea of having a home simulator is to enjoy "flying" the aircraft- not spending time turning off an engine or a fuse and see it fall... If that's what you enjoy then... ufff that's some strange stuff. Might as well get a lawnmower, start the engine and shut it  off every 3 feet. 

Edited by joemiller
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

For those worried about FPS performance and stuff, here's a quick vid of me faffing about in the new Aerosoft A319 Pro in P3D V4.

Just to give it a bit of a challenge, I've got JF Traffic Global on 80 percent traffic, bit of ground traffic too, Active Sky with AS Cloud Art doing the weather, Orbx UK scenery, UK2000 Manchester Airport, and I'm using MCE so I can talk to the ATC and use MCE's co-pilot. The detail radius for clouds and scenery is all the way up too.

At one point, P3D has a minor freeze for a second, but other than that it was doing pretty much 60 fps, and don't forget, this is with FRAPS capturing it all too, so that's probably what caused the freeze. This was with an i5 Kaby Lake processor, 12 Gigs of RAM and an RX480 GPU, so not a terrible system, but not exactly a powerhouse either. Note too the spiking on my throttle causing the clicks, this is usually what causes the difficulties with people having trouble with Airbus sims (guess mine needs a bit of a clean lol).

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Do the updated busses still have the active copilot that helps?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yup, they do, but I was using the MCE one on that video. I like the MCE co-pilot because I have him set to use mild profanity, and it makes me laugh when he does so.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

17 minutes ago, Chock said:

For those worried about FPS performance and stuff, here's a quick vid of me faffing about in the new Aerosoft A319 Pro in P3D V4.

Just to give it a bit of a challenge, I've got JF Traffic Global on 80 percent traffic, bit of ground traffic too, Active Sky with AS Cloud Art doing the weather, Orbx UK scenery, UK2000 Manchester Airport, and I'm using MCE so I can talk to the ATC and use MCE's co-pilot. The detail radius for clouds and scenery is all the way up too.

At one point, P3D has a minor freeze for a second, but other than that it was doing pretty much 60 fps, and don't forget, this is with FRAPS capturing it all too, so that's probably what caused the freeze. This was with an i5 Kaby Lake processor, 12 Gigs of RAM and an RX480 GPU, so not a terrible system, but not exactly a powerhouse either. Note too the spiking on my throttle causing the clicks, this is usually what causes the difficulties with people having trouble with Airbus sims (guess mine needs a bit of a clean lol).

Thanks Chock but don’t know if it’s just me but the video looks stuttery as if it’s not reaching 60 FPS (maybe Vimeo related?)

3 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Do the updated busses still have the active copilot that helps?

Yes they do

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]