Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Waiting for the 'Bus?

10 hours ago, nealmac said:

Ah, no wing flex. What a deal breaker that is 🙄

It's indicative of a lack of attention to detail.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

6 hours ago, joemiller said:

The first thing you need to learn is that, you need to stop comparing any aircrafts out there to PMDG. STOP! Seriously! Though it's true PMDG are good products, it's erroneous to compare an Airbus to PMDG Boeing. Remember PMDG has not , and may never,  develop an Airbus.  (Maybe they are Not capable of working on a 'serious' aircraft- maybe). 

Aerosoft's Airbuses are excellent aircrafts, with stunning detailed graphics. Correct, they do not simulate every failure as in a real-world aircraft. But, do you need that? No! Unless you think you can become an airline pilot by training on a home desktop for $100.00. The idea of having a home simulator is to enjoy "flying" the aircraft- not spending time turning off an engine or a fuse and see it fall... If that's what you enjoy then... ufff that's some strange stuff. Might as well get a lawnmower, start the engine and shut it  off every 3 feet. 

Sorry but PMDG aircraft (737/777/747) are the current "state of the art" for all airliners in P3D and FSX.

I don't want to waste time flying aircraft that are not properly modeled/simulated.  I guess I'm spoiled by the level of visual and system fidelity present in PMDG aircraft.

From what I've seen so far of the Airbus Professional it just doesn't "cut it" compared to PMDG offerings.

Case in point, the seemingly low-res/low fps PFD/ND of the Airbus. That is an absolute deal breaker for me. I suspect the reason the Airbus doesn't have popup PFD/ND is because zooming in on the PFD/ND by virtue of the popup would make the lack of performance/visual fidelity glaringly obvious.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

Take a look at this stream yesterday of the upcoming PMDG 747-8.

Even though its a "compressed" Youtube video @1080p the displays (PFD, ND etc) are outstandingly sharp and smooth. It I have not been able to find a single video of the Airbus that demonstrates the same level of visual fidelity as this!

Clearly PMDG is "state of the art", IMO the Airbus is not even close.

That wingflex looks rather nice too!

I really hope SP1 moves the Airbus up a notch... but frankly I doubt it.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

4 hours ago, MatthewS said:

[...]

I don't want to waste time flying aircraft that are not properly modeled/simulated. 

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

I really hope SP1 moves the Airbus up a notch... but frankly I doubt it.

Enough already! We get it, you don't like Aerosoft's Airbus product. Others do because it is in their price range and simulates plenty of the day-to-day, tasks and normal law parameters of flight.

FSL offers a different type of product if you desire more Airbus systems detail, PMDG and QualityWings do Boeing products - there's something for everyone, even you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

32 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Enough already! We get it, you don't like Aerosoft's Airbus product. Others do because it is in their price range and simulates plenty of the day-to-day, tasks and normal law parameters of flight.

FSL offers a different type of product if you desire more Airbus systems detail, PMDG and QualityWings do Boeing products - there's something for everyone, even you.

Enough of what? Voicing an opinion?

Yes I get that it does a lot of things right.  

But it's a real shame that after 3 years of developing various Airbus products that Aerosoft seem to be unable to release a product that has "hi-res" and performant displays (PFD/ND etc) like we see in PMDG products.

It's the reason I'm not buying until I see some evidence (ie on Youtube) that things have changed, so far I've not been able to find a single video demonstrates the displays are PMDG level.

Sorry for the comparisons to PMDG but that's what competition does, raises the expectation of customers.

All IMHO of course.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

8 hours ago, Shomron said:

Thanks Chock but don’t know if it’s just me but the video looks stuttery as if it’s not reaching 60 FPS (maybe Vimeo related

That's FRAPS and YouTube for you. You'll have to take my word for it I guess, it was showing an average of 60 fps for me, but at any rate the point is that it's a decent simulation of an Airbus that isn't a resource hog.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

"Voicing an opinion? " And opinion is what it is. Glad your clarified and qualified your statement.

6 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Not necessarily. It could just as easily be indicative of a design choice to improve frame rates. Frame rates for it are remarkably good, and that will doubtless have contributed to that.. Yeah wing flex is nice eye candy on an external view, but a full motion Level D flight simulator s don't even have an external view. Take for example the design decision PMDG made on their NG to alter the VC window geometry, nobody would suggest that was a lack of attention to detail, it was a design choice for a practical reason.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

"Voicing an opinion? " And opinion is what it is. Glad your clarified and qualified your statement.

Of course the evidence would seem overwhelming on the PFD/ND display issue, however if you find a Youtube video that demonstrates the Airbus displays are PMDG level then please post a link.

Matthew S

5 minutes ago, Chock said:

Not necessarily. It could just as easily be indicative of a design choice to improve frame rates. Frame rates for it are remarkably good, and that will doubtless have contributed to that.. Yeah wing flex is nice eye candy on an external view, but a full motion Level D flight simulator s don't even have an external view. Take for example the design decision PMDG made on their NG to alter the VC window geometry, nobody would suggest that was a lack of attention to detail, it was a design choice for a practical reason.

I agree its a great product... I'm just spoiled I guess by flying PMDG so long... hopefully Aerosoft can do something in SP1 about the displays, fingers crossed.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

11 hours ago, MatthewS said:

No it's not. It's indicative of a developer that focuses their work from the viewpoint of the pilots, and not  the passengers. You do realise that this is a €60 product? ie half the price of the FSL bus?

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

14 minutes ago, nealmac said:

No it's not. It's indicative of a developer that focuses their work from the viewpoint of the pilots, and not  the passengers. You do realise that this is a €60 product? ie half the price of the FSL bus?

When I'm cruising at FL300 on AP in any PMDG aircraft I switch to external view, go about my other business and occasionally glance back at the screen until TOD. It would be rather disappointing to look at an aircraft whose external model failed to implement wing flex (no matter how small the flexing is).

I'm glad they are focused on the viewpoint of the pilots, hopefully SP1 will improve the displays (PFD/ND).

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

im too lazy to go through 5 pages of posts.  So the sp1 update is that the one that will have shared cockpit??

if so when is it due out?

14ppkc-6.png

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

When I'm cruising at FL300 on AP in any PMDG aircraft I switch to external view, go about my other business and occasionally glance back at the screen until TOD. It would be rather disappointing to look at an aircraft whose external model failed to implement wing flex (no matter how small the flexing is).

I'm glad they are focused on the viewpoint of the pilots, hopefully SP1 will improve the displays (PFD/ND).

Then just get the FSL version and pay the extra price for it. Like I said, the AS version is half the price. Obviously there are going to be cut backs.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

13 minutes ago, tooting said:

im too lazy to go through 5 pages of posts.  So the sp1 update is that the one that will have shared cockpit??

if so when is it due out?

Right now the team is focused on correcting a few remaining issues with the Airbus and on the A320/A321 (the latter is in testing).  The plan right now is to get Connected Flight Deck finished after the release of the A320/A321. I'm not sure if Connected Flight Deck will come before or with SP1 (and we don't yet have a date for SP1).

This is an entirely new version of Connected Flight Deck, designed to make it easier for some people to connect.  Additionally one will be able to have up to 99 observers on the flight deck should they desire, and they will be able to switch to any view they wish at any time.  Think of it like a live stream that allows you to change to any view. Operationally speaking there are only places for the Captain and FO.

Best wishes to everyone!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.