Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Waiting for the 'Bus?

On 8/17/2018 at 7:38 PM, Chock said:

Actually, you have excluded yourself from purchasing it. You may not like Windows 10, and that's your choice, but barring the price of course, there is nothing preventing you from acquiring it.

Hi Alan.

If this only runs on P3dv4.3, then that is the reason I have excluded myself. My P3dv4.1 runs to my liking, I don't want 4.3, so unless it runs on 4.1 and W7, I am out.

Has anyone run this on 4.1? It puzzled me as to why AS should specify 4.3 only? What does it simulate that it needs 4.3?

Regards

David.

1 minute ago, charlie130 said:

Hi Alan.

If this only runs on P3dv4.3, then that is the reason I have excluded myself. My P3dv4.1 runs to my liking, I don't want 4.3, so unless it runs on 4.1 and W7, I am out.

Has anyone run this on 4.1? It puzzled me as to why AS should specify 4.3 only? What does it simulate that it needs 4.3?

Regards

David.

Did you try out 4.3? For me performance has improved significantly (especially around DL)

Did client upgrade only

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

9 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Did you try out 4.3? For me performance has improved significantly (especially around DL)

Did client upgrade only

No sir. I have a good install, which runs my hangar aircraft nicely. Perhaps it's my age, but I am inclined to the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? The last time I upgraded 4.1, many add ons displayed strange behaviour. I concluded that the performance increase wasn't worth the hassle of broken/faulty add ons.

Regards

David

5 hours ago, nealmac said:

Then just get the FSL version and pay the extra price for it. Like I said, the AS version is half the price. Obviously there are going to be cut backs.

A few months ago FSLabs went a little overboard and added "Malware" to their installer to try and catch out pirates. It really p*ssed-off their legitimate customers!

Seems like they've realized their mistake "Beginning with the forthcoming update to our A320-X product, we have decided that we are going to put our trust in you entirely.  While our product installer will still ask you for the serial number issued to you after purchase, we will be eliminating all additional validation that was previously occurring at product run-time".

So maybe it's time for me to reconsider FSL...

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

With regard to the claims of being only compatible with the latest P3D, I would assume it is either that they are guarding against the notion that it's more advanced features, such as the shared cockpit functions and PMDG's Global Ops compatibility (which given that ain't even released yet, is likely to be similarly geared to later version compatibility), or, that it is simply cheaper from a product support standpoint to only give the nod of support approval to more recent O/S and base platform versions. Doesn't mean it wouldn't necessarily work, just a case of no comeback if it doesn't.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If any one thinking the FSL is just about failures then your very uniformed. They did not spend now 8 years working on failures, that’s just a small side of it.

There A320 is in a league above PMDG and there A319 raised the bar to a leave at the moment no one can come close to.

I won’t write 3 pages explaining why, but anyone thinking  the current AS bus is even close then your kidding yourself. As for PMDG, there right up there and still love flying the NG, the 747F is fantastic. If it’s Boeing it has to be PMDG. The 748 looks like a good step up from PMDG but personally when flying a freighter I like old...There NG3 will be very interesting and might bring a new level.

If you really want to fully enjoy an airbus buy the FSL A319 and be totally blown away and that has nothing to do with failures.

What the A319 brings to us is mind blowing in so many ways.

SP1 will be interesting for the AS bus but until then....Class the two as what they have always been targeted for, a different market. AS words not mind.

If you wont  a prop go for the Q400, if you want a Boeing go for a PMDG there fantastic. If you want the very best airliner  we currently can buy the FSL A319 imo is unmatched. It’s also responsible for pushing PMDG and AS to new highs.

Also bare in mind PMDG have no love for FSL and Roberts friend Pete/ Fruggle likes nothing more than telling miss truths and sticking a knife in about FSL that sadly people will believe as fact when there nothing like. I’ve stopped watching anything from him can’t stand the lies. There’s  not any love lost between any of them really. But as they try to out do each other with there personal vendettas it’s really good for us.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

If any one thinking the FSL is just about failures then your very uniformed. They did not spend now 8 years working on failures, that’s just a small side of it.

There A320 is in a league above PMDG and there A319 raised the bar to a leave at the moment no one can come close to.

I won’t write 3 pages explaining why, but anyone thinking  the current AS bus is even close then your kidding yourself. As for PMDG, there right up there and still love flying the NG, the 747F is fantastic. If it’s Boeing it has to be PMDG. The 748 looks like a good step up from PMDG but personally when flying a freighter I like old...There NG3 will be very interesting and might bring a new level.

If you really want to fully enjoy an airbus buy the FSL A319 and be totally blown away and that has nothing to do with failures.

SP1 will be interesting for the AS bus but until then....Class the two as what they have always been targeted for, a different market. AS words not mind. 

If you wont  a prop go for the Q400, if you want a Boeing go for a PMDG there fantastic. If you want the very best airliner  we currently can buy the FSL A319 imo is unmatched. It’s also responsible for pushing PMDG and AS to new highs.

Also bare in mind PMDG have no love for FSL and Roberts friend Pete/ Fruggle likes nothing more than telling miss truths and sticking a knife in about FSL that sadly people will believe as fact when there nothing like. I’ve stopped watching anything from him can’t stand the lies. There’s  not any love lost between any of them really. But as they try to out do each other with there personal vendettas it’s really good for us.

Wow, this text could have been from me, sentence by sentence. I had the Aerosoft version for P3Dv3 and have the FSL Airbus now. I don't use any failures and nevertheless I like the FSL Bus 100 times more. But it is hard to explain, you just have to experience it yourself.

And froogle.. let's not go there... he disqualified himself with that video.

• Like 3

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

4 hours ago, 0Artur0 said:

Because he thinks installing malware on users computers is bad? C'mon..

That's just the point it did NOT "install" unless you had a pirate copy and entered a pirated copy number etc., NOTHING was installed for legit customers. Who told the world about it? pirates and the one giving free copies out closed his website down and deleted any trace of himself off the net. So like me, anyone who bought it had ZERO things to worry about. Unless anyone is taken in by the BS. Frooges vid was so wrong and at worse was blatant lies at best nieve and ill-informed. But then he as Roberts friend does have an axe to grind. So it gave him a field day to people who just take what he says as the truth. Ever wonder why Froogle never went crazy over making vid's of FSL, unlike anything PMDG? > Robert/guy at FSL/PMDG MD. always makes me lol when people wonder why PMDG never did anything with the MD.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

That's just the point it did NOT "install" unless you had a pirate copy and entered a pirated copy number etc., NOTHING was installed for legit customers. Who told the world about it? pirates and the one giving free copies out closed his website down and deleted any trace of himself off the net. So like me, anyone who bought it had ZERO things to worry about. 

Ok, fair enough.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 11:00 AM, Nyxx said:

I don't anyone for one minute is stating that the 2 products are in the same league.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On 8/17/2018 at 9:28 PM, B777ER said:

I got money on FSL dropping the A321 prior to 9/6. Any takers? 

LOL good job you did not have any real money on that.🙂

Edited by Nyxx

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

LOL good job you did not have any real money on that.🙂

Yea, no doubt. This is why I don't play fantasy football anymore. My sure bets are just terrible. 

• Upvote 1

Eric