Sign in to follow this  
Jackaroo05

Activating FSDT KDFW CTD P3Dv4.3

Hello- after restarting my sim after registering KDFW for P3Dv4.3, when it asks me to activate, it ctds and doesn't activate. Nothing I can do about it. Any help is appreciated.

I’d give it a shot. I could be wrong, I think you’ll probably get a faster answer there.

Orman

and  at least  the  right  answer  and  solution  to your  issue,  and  why  would  you  not  trust  the  dev  himself  at  the fdst  forum

Edited by pete_auau
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

16 hours ago, Jackaroo05 said:

Hello- after restarting my sim after registering KDFW for P3Dv4.3, when it asks me to activate, it ctds and doesn't activate. Nothing I can do about it. Any help is appreciated.

What does it say when you click on the Addon Manager in the P3D Menu?  Does it show that FSDT KDFW is installed and active?  Did you download the latest installer instead of using a backup copy of the file?  The installers were updated and now also include an icon for FSDT Live Update.  The FSDT Live Update will check to make sure your FSDT product(s) is properly installed and up-to-date. Is it showing up properly in your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder in your Documents folder?  If you have Lorby-Si's Addon Organizer, is it showing it is properly installed?  Did you go to the Tools menu in the Addon Organizer and click on Check Encoding and make sure all of your addons, your P3D.cfg, scenery.cfg, addon.cfg, etc., are properly encoded?  If not, it will crash. 

If I have an issue with a FSDT program, I simply go to their site and download the latest Standalone Addon Manager and install that and that usually fixes things.  But, first make sure it is showing up properly in the Addon Manager Menu within P3DV4 and it shows it is installed and active and you cannot click on register serial.  If that box is active, then you need to activate the serial again.  I'm really surprised when I see individuals having issues with the installation of FSDT software.  I have a feeling it is Windows security which creates a lot of havoc for some and maybe even Windows Defender or an anti-virus program.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 minute ago, Jim Young said:

What does it say when you click on the Addon Manager in the P3D Menu?  Does it show that FSDT KDFW is installed and active?  Did you download the latest installer instead of using a backup copy of the file?  The installers were updated and now also include an icon for FSDT Live Update.  The FSDT Live Update will check to make sure your FSDT product(s) is properly installed and up-to-date. Is it showing up properly in your Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder in your Documents folder?  If you have Lorby-Si's Addon Organizer, is it showing it is properly installed?  Did you go to the Tools menu in the Addon Organizer and click on Check Encoding and make sure all of your addons, your P3D.cfg, scenery.cfg, addon.cfg, etc., are properly encoded?  If not, it will crash. 

If I have an issue with a FSDT program, I simply go to their site and download the latest Standalone Addon Manager and install that and that usually fixes things.  But, first make sure it is showing up properly in the Addon Manager Menu within P3DV4 and it shows it is installed and active and you cannot click on register serial.  If that box is active, then you need to activate the serial again.  I'm really surprised when I see individuals having issues with the installation of FSDT software.  I have a feeling it is Windows security which creates a lot of havoc for some and maybe even Windows Defender or an anti-virus program.

Best regards,

Jim

No it doesn't and I did install latest addon manager,