Sign in to follow this  
Kuckoo

Need Help to Fix an Engine Sound Bug

I'm revisiting my old Goose Dynamics air file and config package for an updated re-upload, correcting some long-standing issues with it.

Wondering if I can get some help with a recent sound bug I've encountered.  The issue being one of the engines instantly sounds as though it's at highest power setting after un-pausing, switching back to the cockpit view after an external view, or  when starting the first engine on the ground.  The engine doesn't actually jump to high power when this occurs, it only sounds like it does.  For example, I'm cruising along at cruise settings (27MP and 1900RPM) in the VC when I switch to an external view.  When switching back to the VC one of the two engines (occurs to either of them at random) will now sound like it's at takeoff settings.  It's not actually at takeoff settings, it's still at cruise.

Anyway, the only way I've been able to get around this is by increasing MP of the affected engine until it's power matches that with the sound that it's emitting, usually close to max MP.  At this point the engine power and sound discernibly "mesh".  Then I power it back down to where it was and things are back to normal.  That is until I switch to an external view again or pause the sim.  Then I have to repeat the process.

I've read the Microsoft ESP on sound files but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Appreciate any help given.

Thanks!

Edited by Treetop64

I get this with a freeware Lancaster, I just press the Sound key on the keyboard twice which sorts it out. It is annnoying though. 

1 hour ago, Mithras said:

I get this with a freeware Lancaster, I just press the Sound key on the keyboard twice which sorts it out. It is annnoying though. 

Tried that.  No joy.  Issue persists.

Hi,

Just started getting back into FSX a few months ago after a multi-year layoff, and just broke out the OZx Goose and came across your dynamics file again...

Sorry, no thoughts on your engine sound issues.   I usually attribute that stuff to glitches and system performance and let it go.  My brand new 2018 Dell Precision 32GB / 4GB graphics laptop that's supposed to be top of the line has a horrible time keeping up with FSX texture loading, and the same goes for engine sound loading.  So I just accept glitches like that and move on.  It usually catches up if I'm patient.  My circa 2010 desktop with 18 GB and 2 GB GTX 1050 does just fine.  Point being, sometimes it's the combination of texture size and settings in combination with graphics card setup that just throws things for a loop.  I went in recently and made some major changes on my laptop to the nVidia settings (M2200 Quadro) and it's made things at least usable.

Any progress on your update?  What are you looking to fix?

I do agree with some users thoughts on water performance.  I had no problem landing, but the only way I was able to take off was to push the engine to max (46in).  Followed the POH recommendations on pulling all the way back to get up on step, only cure was power.  I'm going to keep looking into it though.

I didn't check weight, but I'd flown from MHT started with full tanks and only the pilot to Winnepesaukee, landed and took off again, so I'm sure I had burned off some fuel.

Thanks for all this work you did.  I totally give props to the OZx team, BEAUTIFUL paintjobs, and flew nice, but I had all the same thoughts you had when I went through the aircraft.cfg file.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg