Sign in to follow this  
coldhoist

MD-11/FSX Crash to Desktop.

I start FSX, I choose my MD-11 and FSX crashes to the desktop. No error message, no nothing.

This is the first time I have ever had this happen. What could be causing this? Thanks

19 hours ago, coldhoist said:

I start FSX, I choose my MD-11 and FSX crashes to the desktop. No error message, no nothing.

This is the first time I have ever had this happen. What could be causing this? Thanks

First, it's not my rule, but PMDG's rule that you sign your posts with your real name. 

Can you check to ensure that (post MD-11 install) a default aircraft loads just fine?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well. I am not getting the CTD anymore. The MD-11 loads fine. But the gauges are screwed up. I have gauges but, the altitude gauge only goes up 5000ft., the heading goes 00-36. and the air speed indicator looks strange. It is like the numbers are too big.

I wish i knew how to include an attachment to show a photo of the panel.

James Shelton

Problem solved by the solution to  a font problem with the Level d 767. Fonts were missing from the FSX folder. I copied the entire Windows fonts folder to the FSX font folder. Two problems solved with one solution.  Windows 10 sure makes life hard.  All is good!!!

James Shelton