Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Orbx KSAN v2 update released.

Just checking to see if anyone has updated to the new KSAN v2. I hear the performance should be improved.

Full feature list:

•  Massive optimization efforts to greatly improve performance
  •  New animated jetways! (CTRL-J)
  •  Far more terminal detailing (P3D only)
  •  New modelled interiors for main terminals (P3D only)
  •  Totally replaced static aircraft – new types unique to KSAN
  •  Updated ground poly (with new textures),
  •  New ground imagery (higher quality, better colors and blending)
  •  Updated and revised GSE placement and types
  • Added lite versions of surrounding airports: KMYF, KNRS, KNZY, KSDM, KSEE
  •  Major updates to POI and downtown textures
  •  Improved autogen
  • Improved clutter and details
  • Dynamic lighting (P3Dv4 only)
  • Compatible with FTX GLOBAL, openLC North America or Southern California
  •  For Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1-4

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

FYI. The size went up from 1.5gig to almost 6.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5.88GB!!! 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Folder size after installation 6.58.

The performance has improved, but I don't like the blurry photo textures and how they blend with FTX SC. I don't understand why the dev could just focus on the airport and ensured that it worked perfectly with FTX SC or FTX LC? IMO, FTX SC looks better without the add airport.

I'm going to try LatinVFR's version because I doubt that I can go back to old version.

4 minutes ago, newtie said:

I don't see v2 on their site?

open up  ftx  central  and  there  will be  a update   against  ksan

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have a feeling that the reason why I saw an improvement in performance was because there were little to no cars on the roads. AG misplaced or on top of each other. I tested the DL and it's a NO thanks from me!

Thank God that I had saved the original KSAN folder. I was able to remove the new with FTX Central and copy the old folder. Manually added KSAN. It seems to work like it use to. Maybe v3 will be a better upgrade for me.

Edited by DJJose

57 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Folder size after installation 6.58.

The performance has improved, but I don't like the blurry photo textures and how they blend with FTX SC. I don't understand why the dev could just focus on the airport and ensured that it worked perfectly with FTX SC or FTX LC? IMO, FTX SC looks better without the add airport.

I'm going to try LatinVFR's version because I doubt that I can go back to old version.

Agree with this.  I tried V2 but just uninstalled it and going back to my LVFR version.  I don't know why they don't give an option in the control panel to disable the photo-real area like many others do.  It looks ok during the day, albeit a bit blurry, but you lose all of your FTXG lights at night except for the roads.  I know you can go in and try to manually switch off all the photo textures but they should make this easier.  The airport itself looks good but I don't like the "interior modelling".  I didn't know KSAN had so many Victoria Secrets!!  It's just the same few stores repeated over and over.  I also do not care much for the city textures at night.  The buildings are just way too bright and remind me of how Drzewiecki (sp?) does his night textures.    

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thanks for the quick reviews. Looks like I’ll stay with my LatinVFR version and save myself the headaches and extra gigs in storage.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I don’t get why it’s so blurry? The other orbx airports don’t look like this.

Downloading now. What options are there in the control panel?

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

No SODE is kind of disappointing. 

+1
Tired of remembering what airports have what type of jetway.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Thank God that I had saved the original KSAN folder. I was able to remove the new with FTX Central and copy the old folder. Manually added KSAN. It seems to work like it use to.

Good idea. Doing the same here.

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

No SODE is kind of disappointing. 

Yep.

54 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

I don’t get why it’s so blurry? The other orbx airports don’t look like this.

I don't get why the dev would include all the extra gigs of photo scenery when it's not needed for the average ORBX user?

Jetways don't dock properly.
XIbDX3w.jpg

Edited by Bills511