Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Orbx KSAN v2 update released.

You seem to have duplicate AFCADs, given the mix of default and ORBX buildings.

Santiago de Larminat

29 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

You seem to have duplicate AFCADs, given the mix of default and ORBX buildings.

Yep. Corrected. Had to set options in the control panel.

Edited by Bills511

2 hours ago, Bills511 said:

Jetways don't dock properly.

Yeah. Probably the correct that the wheels of jetways go underground when docked as in previous version....

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

14 minutes ago, pilecan said:

Yeah. Probably the correct that the wheels of jetways go underground when docked as in previous version....

Default jetway wheels sink into the ground but these at KSAN miss the exit. All default jetways and SODE jetways dock fine. Just not at KSAN. Can anyone else can confirm if this is just me or if it is normal for KSAN? I posted this over at ORBX. Awaiting response.

Quite an impressive update i think . Amazing performance and still using dynamic FFTF , i am very pleased with this update using FTXSCA as well. 

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Since the update to V2.0 I've only landed here once, and also had an issue w/ the Jetway hitting the mark, although at the time I chalked it up to me not stopping at the exact spot (although....it appeared to me externally to show the front tires exactly on the mark).

Performance wise, not sure I've seen to much of a difference over the original version but I'd take that with a grain of salt since I only purchased V1.0 a couple months ago and really haven't had that much experience with this airport and even less with V2.0.

Looks wise, I didn't notice any of the blurries mentioned and it seems to be a good looking airport with a high level of detail.  For me, it's a keeper.

Mark

P.S. Can there really ever be "to many Victoria Secrets"?  The greatest thing about shopping there is your time and money turns out to be....well spent.

@mtrainer
Matteo responded over at ORBX. Stated "this is a limitation of IK jetways is not possible do best as this. Also the attach depends due ti your parking p osition." I disagree as I loaded the flight in the parking position. Parking position also does not determine the jetway height, as you can see it is too high.
I'm surprised that ORBX is using old (IK Jetways) technology.

Once FSDT GSX Level 2 is released it will have the ability to replace 3rd party scenery jetways with SODE jetways.

Yes my BBJ aircraft, and hence my personal corporation, is now reviewing a newly issued lawsuit filed right on the outskirts of KSAN where an unfortunate toddler's leg got caught between the crack of the "IK" Jetway and the aircraft, providing for an unnecessary and stressful situation for both the family and myself who happened to be the captain of that flight.   Apparently, my profuse apologies fell upon deaf ears.

Mark

Just landed here at night. I must say the night textures at the airport did not look up to top tier 2018 quality at all. The night jetways textures were absolute rubbish. 5.3gb download? I presume most of it is the surrounding area as the actual airport textures don't look like high quality. I uninstalled and went with LatinVFR. Much better actual airport textures in my opinion. 

Eric 

On 8/18/2018 at 9:15 AM, Flic1 said:

I don't know why they don't give an option in the control panel to disable the photo-real area like many others do.     

You can disable the photoreal manually by remaining the photo scenery bgls from .bgl to .off. Just go into the scenery file where the files are and turn them off. They should be easy to find as they are most likely large files.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi all,

I just want to say to all if you already have a V1 version it's better to uninstall v1 and reinstall v2 by downloading again the scenery. If you did not do that, i suggest to uninstall v1 and reinstall v2. 

I saw many of you have problems with the scenery because it is not installed properly.

If you didnt have the v1 version you dont need to reinstall it again.

Regardings photoreal is not possible to exclude it, the scenery has a very large photoreal area in 1mt/pixel and 30cm/pixel near the airport.

I spent many days to blend the photoreal extremely well with sourrounding landclass.

The performance are much much better than the v1 version, so if you dont see difference its because the scenery its not installed properly.

Cheers

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

You can disable the photoreal manually by remaining the photo scenery bgls from .bgl to .off. Just go into the scenery file where the files are and turn them off. They should be easy to find as they are most likely large files.

You can, but there are undesirable side effects. Unfortunately it’s not like some other airports where clearly switching off the PR areas has been thought about during development for those that didn’t want it. 

Edited by GHarrall

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Checked the backup folder I created and yes the user can disable the photo scenery & POIs and a few other bgls  and get just KSAN working with FTX SoCal, but I don't understand why the dev doesn't do this for the customers and provide the option on the configurator? Just because a dev is under the ORBX brand umbrella, it doesn't mean that you are getting ORBX quality.

BTW, the reason for the large size is because photo textures are included for both LC users and SoCal users.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:35 PM, GHarrall said:

I don’t get why it’s so blurry? The other orbx airports don’t look like this.

Can you provide more information ?

I dont seem to have blurry ground textures while using FTX SCA in the control panel.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

33 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Can you provide more information ?

I dont seem to have blurry ground textures while using FTX SCA in the control panel.

Thanks

Michael Moe

I noticed them in the photo scenery, not at the airport. I did not see blurry photo scenery in v1.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.