Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Orbx KSAN v2 update released.

57 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Can you provide more information ?

I dont seem to have blurry ground textures while using FTX SCA in the control panel.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Not really. I have uninstalled it now. The airport was fine but the surrounding PR of the city and area was just abysmal as far as I was concerned. It was a combination of the PR being very blurred in the distance and also what appears to be a low resolution PR. The developer says its 1m but it doesn't look good in my opinion. The landclass and PR areas of FTX Socal looks far better. There is also an ugly join between the PR and the Mexico border which is not there when you use the FTX SOCAL / OpenLC NA combo.

I prefer this view out the window:

MdFeFB7.jpg

jwKRYVo.jpg

Qog5cD5.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, GHarrall said:

Not really. I have uninstalled it now. The airport was fine but the surrounding PR of the city and area was just abysmal as far as I was concerned. It was a combination of the PR being very blurred in the distance and also what appears to be a low resolution PR. The developer says its 1m but it doesn't look good in my opinion. The landclass and PR areas of FTX Socal looks far better. There is also an ugly join between the PR and the Mexico border which is not there when you use the FTX SOCAL / OpenLC NA combo.

Maybe its because i am used to not having HD/Ultra ground textures enabled (ONLY =EXP8) ?😃 Surroundings is very impressive on my system compared to Google Earth and performance with nightlight in the area is also very nice .

Even at Dusk i dont see blurry/washed out textures

Cant speak of Dynamic lights though

I noticed that disabling shadows for everything except clouds has a huge improvement on stutter/micro pauses in this area.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Update:  The toddler is fine and the lawsuit dropped with the promise that I'll delete the original KSAN V1.0 first, and then re-download V2.0 which is in progress.   That mom was mad!

Mark

15 hours ago, DJJose said:

I prefer this view out the window:

MdFeFB7.jpg

So is this ORBX's KSAN ot LatinVR's

5 hours ago, mtrainer said:

Update:  The toddler is fine and the lawsuit dropped with the promise that I'll delete the original KSAN V1.0 first, and then re-download V2.0 which is in progress.   That mom was mad!

Mark

Ok so, after uninstalling and reinstalling V2, is it sharp now? Or is the photo-scenery still blurry.

And, wasn't this an issue with all Photo Scenery and we were all waiting on Lockheed Martin to fix this horrible issue? 

4 hours ago, joemiller said:

So is this ORBX's KSAN ot LatinVR's

That's ORBX KSAN with SoCal Region. I disabled the Photo scenery and a few bgls and those pics are my results. No support needed. 😀

Latin VFR works well with both FTX SoCal & OpenLC. Both airports are an excellent option.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

That's ORBX KSAN with SoCal Region. I disabled the Photo scenery and a few bgls and those pics are my results. No support needed. 😀

Latin VFR works well with both FTX SoCal & OpenLC. Both airports are an excellent option.

Which bgl?

i couldn’t get it to look right at all with odd buildings everywhere and roads out of place with bridges etc. 

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

+1 to Glenn's reply, I am also interested in the information re: the bgl files you disabled.

Thx,

Mike

On 8/22/2018 at 3:42 AM, Matteoveneziani said:

Regardings photoreal is not possible to exclude it, the scenery has a very large photoreal area in 1mt/pixel and 30cm/pixel near the airport.

I spent many days to blend the photoreal extremely well with sourrounding landclass.

Cheers

Matteo,

Can you please reconsider what your customers are requesting?

Thank you.

Funny how performance is reacting differently. 

I have no need or intended to disable any PR as I think its great with FTX SCA and autogen. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

17 hours ago, joemiller said:

Ok so, after uninstalling and reinstalling V2, is it sharp now? Or is the photo-scenery still blurry.

And, wasn't this an issue with all Photo Scenery and we were all waiting on Lockheed Martin to fix this horrible issue? 

I didn't notice the blurries before, nor after so I can't really say.  But taking off and landing in the 737 I'm usually concentrating on the instruments and the runway.  But keep in mind I have only a few landings at the original KSAN, and only two since the update to V2.  Maybe I'll take a GA plane or a helicopter up and look around in more detail this evening - I can stay up a bit later tonight as I'm working from home tomorrow (yeaaaa!).

The only thing I had noticed was that the Jetway didn't quite match the aircraft door, and I originally chalked it up to me not pulling into a 737 spot, but it appears others have noticed it too.

I have experimented with payware Photo Scenery, and although I realize it's the Cat's Pajamas for some, it looks best to me only at an altitude of 4K-8K feet or so.   When you're low, it is indeed blurry and flat, and as a result I ultimately gave up on it, even though my very own neighborhood could, if you squinted your eyes just right, be identified as proper.

Mark

Anyhow this is really a nice rendition of KSAN and with FTX SCA region i am pleased. I just wish they would treat performance in the same way up Los Angeles.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

"I saw many of you have problems with the scenery because it is not installed properly."

Is anyone having issues with the KSAN update related to FTX Central? I made the mistake of upgrading to the latest version to try to address my misaligned jetways, and now have an unusable product. Sadly I have no way to go back to my previous version.

1. The frame rates are appallingly bad in the new version, single digits, whereas the previous version reached an average in the high 20's on my system. 

2. FTX Central will not manage the product- the control panel refuses to save any changes to the scenery, specifically FTX Mode and Static Aircraft options. No amount of selecting, closing ("your changes will be saved when you close this window"...) the control panel, etc, makes any saved changes to the scenery.

I've uninstalled completely, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, countless times. Even after a clean new install via FTX the control panel doesn't function, and the "verify files" button seems to think EVERY file need updating and downloads the entire 5gb again and again. Just to ice the cake, apparently this endless loop has hosed my P3d install to the point of not starting....

ORBX's support forum was helpful enough to provide the following advice: "...uninstall, reinstall and then leave it alone while it is working. Verify files is not there to solve problems with frame rates, it is there to solve problems with the product."

Hm, apparently the point that it is NOT working was skipped over. Quite disappointing to see that my detailed problem report wasn't even read, so in light of such proactive support of their product I'm reaching out here to see if anyone has had a similar breakdown between FTX Central and KSAN or any similar experience. 

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."