Sign in to follow this  
HBE

Flying GA VFR in Germany: In reality, ATC Info behaves like Tower!

Hi, thanks a lot for the great system!

I'm new to P2A and started doing some pattern work successfully - with a huge restriction.

I hope that there's no similar topic like this already in progress. If yes, I apologize in advance - I didn't see it.

Ok, here's the story with my question below:
First I tried my usual Siegerland (EDGS) airport, which provides ILS approach. A rather substantial regional Airport. In fact, this airport provides Info only, no Tower.
That's correct. But in real life, Info behaves like Tower!
So, next I tried Egelsbach (EDFE), same situation, Info only. But in practice, it's like dealing with a strictly Tower controlled airport.
All airports/airfields with Info don't allow ATC controlled pattern work in P2A, am I right?

Bitburg (EDRB) with Tower now successfully lets me train patterns - great! (by the way, EDRB Tower is shown as "info_tower" due to the default Nav database coming with P2A during installation, I assume).

What do you think about an ATC configuration switch like "Info behaves like Tower" which simply overwrites the type of ATC during import of the Nav database at system start-up?
Of course that's only a small and somehow brute-force work around, but with huge positive effect on flying GA VFR in Germany!

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply!

Your future enhancement list will be long, I assume ...
Is it possible to give an approximate time frame when this small switch with a big effect can be included in an update?

Henrik

Hi Dave, many thanks taking my proposal for enhancement into account!
However, the new function doesn't work correctly, or isn't working in my environment.
You can find my bug report and description with a screenshot here:

Henrik

Hi Dave, as far as I've tested R6, this feature now works and delivers much more realism to German GA airports!
Henrik