Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Saying Good Bye To Xplane

With the lack of semi good ATC in XPlane, I have decided revert back to either FSX. Or P3D.

One of the reasons I switched to XPlane is because of its multi monitor support.  FSX was too stretchy producing poor multi monitor resolution skewing the images like a funhouse mirror. Is P3D any better?

i am considering switching from the multi monitor configuration for a single projection system.  

Any my ideas on the best way to do this?

Thanks!

I have 3 monitors in P3D and have more "fish-eye" than i ever had in FSX, single monitor might be the way to go.

With the prices of medium sized (40-65 inch) 4K TVs dropping faster than CNN's ratings, a single large monitor in the form of a 4K TV is a very good alternative to multiple monitors.  Plus, it's the most useful thing you can do with a TV these days...

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

17 minutes ago, w6kd said:

With the prices of medium sized (40-65 inch) 4K TVs dropping faster than CNN's ratings, a single large monitor in the form of a 4K TV is a very good alternative to multiple monitors.  Plus, it's the most useful thing you can do with a TV these days...

Cheers

You mean to say that 4K monitors are free??? 😉 

I miss Tin Mouse, by the way! 🙂 

Rich Boll

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

Cheers

I typically see sales when around the time of the the Super Bowl (US football) in February and Black Friday (day after thanksgiving). Seriously thinking of picking up a big screen then. Simming on the big screen seems a bit indulgent, but why not!!

Unless these sales are as fake as Fox News, and turn out to be markups! 🙂

Edited by SKEWR

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I have the room for a projection system.  Any body have a good recommendation for A good projector, there are many choices on the market?? 

Thanks!

LOL just makes me laugh when i read things like this, pilot2atc ring a bell?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I typically see sales when around the time of the the Super Bowl (US football) in February and Black Friday (day after thanksgiving). Seriously thinking of picking up a big screen then. Simming on the big screen seems a bit indulgent, but why not!!

Unless these sales are as fake as CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, and turn out to be markups! 

Fixed it for you. LOL! No need to thank me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Best buy has a 50-inch 4k smart TV by TCL for like $350 the picture quality is good and you can always switch over to netflix on a long flight

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

3 hours ago, udidwht said:

Unless these sales are as fake as CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, and turn out to be markups! 

Fixed it for you. LOL! No need to thank me.

No I had it right the first time. Sad when the news media gets attacked like this. Makes no sense.

On topic: Does anyone know the recommended distance from the eyes to the  monitor? Also what's the hit to graphics card performance versus an average monitor? That thought of getting a big screen is really getting to me! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SKEWR said:

No I had it right the first time. Sad when the news media gets attacked like this. Makes no sense.

On topic: Does anyone know the recommended distance from the eyes to the  monitor? Also what's the hit to graphics card performance versus an average monitor? That thought of getting a big screen is really getting to me! 

I use a 42"  4K Sony as my monitor, sitting at an eye distance of about 32" away. This makes the instruments about 1:1 size with real world. 

Thank you gentlemen!!!

A curved 55 inch sounds fantastic! 

19 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Sad? Not at all. If they did a better job at just reporting the news they wouldn't be catching so much flack. Rule number 1....

They are NOT investigators. Report only what has happened and nothing more.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

2 hours ago, udidwht said:

Sad? Not at all. If they did a better job at just reporting the news they wouldn't be catching so much flack. Rule number 1....

They are NOT investigators. Report only what has happened and nothing more.

Please let the politics go. Only reason I included the part about the news because a moderator saw fit to open that can of worms and I replied to it. Rule #1 for you sir: Just because YOU (or your party) don't like the news, doesn't mean its fake. If you would like to continue I'm open in private messages, otherwise, let's save it for other forums.

If it helps, we both like flight simming and big honking TVs!! 🙂

• Like 1