Sign in to follow this  
mmcwill1

LatinVFR KMIA Lighting Issue

While I'm waiting to get the ability to post in the LatinVFR forums, I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with this runway lighting issue at KMIA. I've played around with various settings buy have not figured out how to get the "spiky" lighting to go away.Any help would be greatly appreciated!

zmSFhc.png

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

Hi, sorry for not getting the forum working for you. We always suggest to all customers to reach us via our support email.

The reason you see this is because of the AA settings and the transparency issues. If you have a higher AA setting you won't see that, but it may hurt your performance. We will check on a fix or make it better.

Thanks for the input. Do you have suggested settings for AA or other graphics setting?. I tried each setting, and the problem didn't go away; FPS just kept getting worse. Do I change those settings from within P3d or use the Nvidia control panel?

Thanks!

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

1 hour ago, mmcwill1 said:

Thanks for the input. Do you have suggested settings for AA or other graphics setting?. I tried each setting, and the problem didn't go away; FPS just kept getting worse. Do I change those settings from within P3d or use the Nvidia control panel?

Thanks!

P3D settings FXAA off. 4x or 8x MSAA

I did have my AA set to 4x MSAA by default, tried to set it at 8 with no change. This is an interesting problem, haven't really come across anything like it. KMIA is the only airport that does this. I have several addons, including LatinVFR KSAN and KBWI. Well, hopefully we can get it figured out. Thanks again for the input.

0kgdK6.png

Edited by mmcwill1

Mike McWilliams

7 hours ago, mmcwill1 said:

I did have my AA set to 4x MSAA by default, tried to set it at 8 with no change. This is an interesting problem, haven't really come across anything like it. KMIA is the only airport that does this. I have several addons, including LatinVFR KSAN and KBWI. Well, hopefully we can get it figured out. Thanks again for the input.

0kgdK6.png

Can't be any help I can install it from simmarket again early in the morning after I get home from the office and see if I have that too.

Edited by Boeing or not going