Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Water textures

On 9/24/2018 at 3:35 PM, Rockliffe said:

I have to say, I do take great exception at REX who are happy to deliver new products, rather than fixing issues that have been present and people have whinged about forever. What a nonsense to pay money for a product that delivers worse textures than the default. 

Can't say I share your experience. I use REX 4 TD with P3D v4 and it's 10 times better than P3D default.

So either you are not setting it up correctly, have a different sense of what's nice/natural looking than most others, or have something against REX. Maybe even all of the above? 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RancidViper said:

Can't say I share your experience. I use REX 4 TD with P3D v4 and it's 10 times better than P3D default.

So either you are not setting it up correctly, have a different sense of what's nice/natural looking than most others, or have something against REX. Maybe even all of the above? 🙂

Hmm, that's interesting, as I've read many, many reports of others who share my experience. All I can say, is that I have used every incarnation of REX weather and texture products for the past 9 years, but have failed miserably in trying to get proper water textures in P3D, regardless of numerous installs and attempts. I certainly haven't got anything against the guys at REX, other than I feel extremely disappointed in buying the product and have never been able to get the textures to look anything other than horrible even after pursuing help on the forum. Maybe you're right, maybe there is something wrong at my end, and if that is the case I would be the first to put my hand up and admit being wrong, but then why are so many others reporting the same experience?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'd be happy to just get rid or just find a replacement for the waves that break on the shore, breakwaters etc, there just cartoonish, I can put up the rest as I do use REX water and with little bit of PTA mixed in it;s ok.

Rod.

I disabled special effects to get rid of the waves. They are not realistic, and therefore not welcome in my simulator. As for the water textures (above a thousand feet), I use default because the REX Essential Plus versions (yep, I am still using this after seven years) do not work the same in P3D as they did in FSX :sad:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

57 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I disabled special effects to get rid of the waves. They are not realistic, and therefore not welcome in my simulator. As for the water textures (above a thousand feet), I use default because the REX Essential Plus versions (yep, I am still using this after seven years) do not work the same in P3D as they did in FSX :sad:

Aren't you missing other effects? I like to see water spray, fsfxpackages effects (for PMDG), fireworks, smoke ...

I would prefer a simple solution which just disables those unrealistic shoreline waves. I wonder why LM could not add another button in the GUI for a quick enable/disable like they did for "Dynamic Trees", "Dynamic Lighting", ...

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I would like to see the smoke effects, but getting rid of those waves is more important!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have a suspicion that this is more of an ORBX problem than a P3D one.  After going through a series of reinstalls over the past couple of months, I've noticed that the P3D default lake, river and shoreline borders aren't as noticeable.  So, I guess we're stuck.  It's the little things like this that really kill the immersion for me in P3D.  

I someone doesnt want to spend money for this i would simply use tomatoshade (or PTA) to tweak the water color to a more dark tone. Works well.

unknown.png

unknown.png

PREPAR3D_2018-09-13_13-05-15.png

unknown.png

Edited by SaenchaySor

BetaTeamB.png

The colour is not the problem. It's the flat, lifeless textures that are displayed above a thousand feet.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Man i wish we had fsx dx9 water in p3d. Is ridiculous tht fsx is more realistic than a 64bit 2019 simulator i think we need to pressure lockheed to give us fsx water im tired of flying on this fake water  

Edited by oscarduran10
  • Upvote 1

Stop taking your head off for water rendering.
Pressing LM won’t do any good, the only way to get a better rendering is to change the P3D graphics engine.
I remind you that it is the same as FSX. It’s an old graphic engine. 

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

1 hour ago, guibru said:

Stop taking your head off for water rendering.
Pressing LM won’t do any good, the only way to get a better rendering is to change the P3D graphics engine.
I remind you that it is the same as FSX. It’s an old graphic engine. 

So you want them to pour millions into creating a brand new flight sim engine or completely overhauling an existing shelf-product, create brand new SDK tools and, in the process, completely wipe out their entire current mod support? Sounds like a brilliant plan.

And ironically, P3D's water looks miles better than the two civilian competitor products. The oh so fabled Aerofly 2 FS with its brand spanking new 300FPS engine, basically has flat ortho water.

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I’m hoping that REX Environment Force has a new set of water textures! 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

1 minute ago, djbully said:

I’m hoping that REX Environment Force has a new set of water textures! 

No. For textures you need Texture Direct, EnvTex or similar.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png