Sign in to follow this  
Guest richardparadon

tuning radio in fs2002

Guest richardparadon

Sorry if this has been covered before...I am a newbie here. I can not seem find any info on tuning the radio stacks. I put in the frequency for vor but nothing happens. Only once was I successful but then I had a intermittent morse code noise about every ten seconds.Thanks for you help!

Different planes in the simulator have different navigation radios. Some of the radios require different operating procedures.Some navigation radios allow the pilot to tune the active frequency directly. In some aircraft it is necessary to tune a standby frequency before clicking a button to swap the standby frequency with the adjacent active frquency. The radios with this requirement typicaly simulate two adjacent LED frequency displays.In most cases you can hover your mouse pointer over the display and hold down the left mouse button to change the frequency. Most displays will have areas on the left side where the pointer will display a "-" to decrease the frequency and an area to the right where the pointer will display a "+" for increasing the frequency. There will often be seperate pairs of areas for the integer and fractional portions of the frequency. If you have a wheel mouse most radios will also change frequencies when you roll the wheel while hovering the pointer over the display.There are key assignments for tuneing the radios with the keyboard as well, but I've never researched how to use them with radios that feature standby frequencies.Check the radio stack for a row of buttons for muteing the audio output for the various navigation, marker and communications radios. Sometimes the sound from a particular radio will be muted when you first load an aircraft in the simulator. Most audio select buttons have a light above the mute button that goes out when the audio from the corresponding radio is muted.

Guest richardparadon

thanks for your quick reply...i will give it a shot!