Sign in to follow this  
zabri

SODE

Hello people

Recently i installed SODE in my FSX but i am totally blank on how to use it. I have no idea on how to open up the SODE menu. Can someone help me regarding this? Is there a key assigned to open the menu like it is for the GSX?

The information is in their guide -https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9. 

You should have it showing up under Addons in the FSX Menu.  If not, then SODE is not installed properly.  Tab+S tells you if there are any objects in the area.  If GSX is installed, hit Ctrl+F12 and it should show you the gates that use SODE.

Edited by Jim Young

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Don't worry Zabri. You're not the only one that struggles with it.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Well i found something. SODE is working only in some airports like Aerosoft. Its not working in most of the freeware airports and some payware airports too.

Edited by zabri

Zabri,

SODE doesn't mean that all your jetways and other items will automatically convert to SODE once installed.  Only some add on scenery includes SODE jetways. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Yes but i have an addon- FSDG Lite Bangalore. I checked in the fsdg site and it says that it is fully compatible with SODE jetways and yet its not working.

18 minutes ago, zabri said:

Yes but i have an addon- FSDG Lite Bangalore. I checked in the fsdg site and it says that it is fully compatible with SODE jetways and yet its not working.

Sometimes additional steps are required. FSDG offers the "SODE-Link" on their website. Download and install it and it should replace the default jetways there for ALL FSDG sceneries you might have. Sometimes you have to turn them on in the scenery configurator (Flightbeam for example).

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I would tend to agree, that 99.9% of freeware airport scenery are not SODE compatible. Heck, perhaps over 75% of payware airports are not, as well.

The first thing I look for when investigating new payware airport scenery is whether it has the option to utilize SODE for jetways.  Many do not, but a lot of newer airports are including configuration files to allow for SODE jetways. Does it rule out my purchasing the airport scenery?  Absolutely not, but I much prefer SODE jetways, when available.

Apparently, setting up an airport scenery with SODE jetways is not easy, else you would see a whole lot of SODE compatible ones available.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

If you download and read the user guide, it tells us right away that the developer of the product has to implement useful objects using input files in xml format.  If the developer does not do that then SODE will not work properly with the scenery.  He can also migrate his current product to SODE too. It does nothing to your existing airports.  It is worthless unless the developer creates/migrates input files as required by the SODE SDK and User Guide.  So it is pointless to blame SODE or complain about their jetways when the developer of the airport didn't update his/her airport to SODE compatibility.

Right now, I know SODE is implemented in the Drewiecki Scenery, FlightBeam, and FSDT.  There are some Aerosoft developers who have migrated to SODE too. I'm sure there are more. It is just that I do not know of any other scenery that uses SODE.  Hope this helps.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello guys

I have some payware addon airports from Aerosoft, FSDG, T2G and Flytampa. I got the sode jetways for FSDG from its website. What about other SODE Jetways for Aerosoft and other products? Is it available on their official website? I just want a link for Aerosoft's jetways and others too.

What about the default jetways? I mean some of the sceneries like FSX default sceneries and some freeware as well as payware ones does not use SODE jetways but does use default FSX jetways. After installation of SODE the default jetways are not working in any default or freeware airports. How am i suppose to fix that?

4 hours ago, zabri said:

What about the default jetways? I mean some of the sceneries like FSX default sceneries and some freeware as well as payware ones does not use SODE jetways but does use default FSX jetways. After installation of SODE the default jetways are not working in any default or freeware airports. How am i suppose to fix that?

I think you’re making this more difficult than it has to be.

The SODE jetways only work for scenery packages that say they have SODE jetway capability. In those cases you’ll have to download the patch and/or updated scenery from the developer/store which supplied it. SODE jetways don’t work with default airports, those airports jetways will still work with the default jetway command.

If an airport by Aerosoft only has static jetways and has never been patched to work with SODE then you’re out of luck until the developer updates it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You did'nt get what my problem is.

I know the SODE works only with the particular SODE supported airports. My problem is with the other default airports where the default jetways are not working with the default jetway command. I tried pressing all the possible keys i.e J, Ctrl+J, Shift+J but nothing seems to work.