Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Suggestions for other ways of ground steering?

15 hours ago, vadriver said:

airbus pedals & tiller

mike

curious to know ..... are you using P3D4's steering (tiller nosewheel steer) & rudder (pedal nosewheel steer / pedal rudder control) axis assignments or pete's (fsuipc) similar "direct to" methods .... in the pmdg, you don't get limited nosewheel steer using the P3D4's axis but you do with fsuipc.

I have used both, right now I am only flying the FSL A319 using p3dv4 steering to control the tiler.

6 hours ago, Nigge said:

Thanks for all replies, 

Im guessing by reading the later posts that its not possible to combine spoiler axis and ground steering?.
I dont haven any axis to spare at the moment so guess there is no other way than keeping the pedals for ground steering unfortunately.

No, there is no way to have the spoiler axis turn into a tiller on the ground and then revert to spoiler in the air. 

You could buy a cheap  joystick with a twist axis and then you would have correct tiller operation for the FSL.  As far as the PMDG goes, they need to code the plane to have proper operation of the tiller for those with a extra axis. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

7 hours ago, mikea76 said:

I have used both, right now I am only flying the FSL A319 using p3dv4 steering to control the tiler.

mike

thanks & thus as you wrote before, concurrently using P3D4's rudder axis for limited (6o deflection) pedal nosewheel steer ..... sounds ideal to me along with the pedal disconnect to check controls in the ecam. i'll be a buyer when they release the sdk (for cockpit builders).

& agree, a good & cheap Logitech 3DPro (a 2nd joystick) is my tiller. 

for now, cheers

john martin