Sign in to follow this  
jmig

Aircraft load upside down

I am so frustrated with Chaseplane I want to either curse or cry. My problem is that every time I load an aircraft the pilot's view is inverted. I run PD3 V4.3 and IRTrack. Without Chaseplane everything works fine. Install Chaseplane and it works fine the first time. The next time you run the simulator and load the scenario or aircraft, the pilot's view is inverted. The other views are fine. However, Track IR will not work with them.

Totally Frustrated!

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Same here. I have had to uninstall as I was able to only assign views to one aircraft, and would not let me assign an others.

That doesn't make any sense to me... Can you take a screenshot of the Camera > Controls page when the camera is inverted?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven, the camera controls looked fine. I could almost roll the aircraft 180 wings level right side up. However at about 170 degrees the aircraft would just flip over again. I have uninstalled and deleted the Chaseplane folders. It may be less convenient than Chaseplane, but I can fly again. Maybe Lennie can provide you with the screen shots you need?

John
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Is it only doing that when you have TrackIR enabled/running?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 8/22/2018 at 11:20 PM, Keven Menard said:

Is it only doing that when you have TrackIR enabled/running?

I can't say, because I always run IRTrack. This weekend, I will reinstall Chaseplane and check that out. Are there any other things you want me to check?

John

I want to know if the issue comes from the use of TIR or if it's something related to Presets. Try multiple combinaisons and let me know the results.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 8/25/2018 at 6:46 PM, Keven Menard said:

I want to know if the issue comes from the use of TIR or if it's something related to Presets. Try multiple combinaisons and let me know the results.

It only happens with TIR. Keven. When I turned of TIR the image reverted to normal POV. Of course, I no longer had movement other than switching views.

John

So it looks like an issue with the TIR connection and CP. Can you generate a report file from the Preferecnes after observing the issue and send the file to us for analysis?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

11 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

So it looks like an issue with the TIR connection and CP. Can you generate a report file from the Preferecnes after observing the issue and send the file to us for analysis?

Yes!

John

On 8/28/2018 at 9:03 PM, Keven Menard said:

So it looks like an issue with the TIR connection and CP. Can you generate a report file from the Preferences after observing the issue and send the file to us for analysis?

Here are the report file and a screenshot of what the screen looked like after pressing F-12 to center. I was able to get it to work by going to an outside view pressing F-12 then back into VC view.

Hummm, I don't see anyway to upload the image and log file. Insert Other Media only gives me two options, URL or Existing attachment. When I click on existing attachment it tells me I have none, without giving me a means to upload. If you give me an email in a PM. I will email you the report and image.

Edited by jmig

John

Please send it the email address mentionned at the top of the report file.

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I had a look at the report, TrackIR does not seem to initialize correctly. Have you tried reinstalling it?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

14 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

I had a look at the report, TrackIR does not seem to initialize correctly. Have you tried reinstalling it?

I had to reinstall TrackIR after uninstalling Chaseplane. Uninstalling Chaseplane kills TIR for me. So when I reinstalled Chaseplane in order to test it and TIR for you, it was on a clean installation of TrackIR.

John

Do you have an antivirus that might be breaking things between CP and TIR?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42