Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What SCENERY are you still waiting for (P3dv4.3)?

On 8/21/2018 at 6:12 AM, duckbilled said:

I'm waiting on the phantom Cancun scenery that AirDailyX announced was being created by a "major developer":

No doubt.  I think if you brought all the "major developers" in a room and asked who was doing MMUN, they'd all point to each other and say "I thought YOU were doing it"   (so by thinking "Someone" was doing it...all were not doing it...hence no MMUN) :unsure:

Very sad we don't have one to fly to in flightsim as it's one of the most popular vacation destinations for most north/south American countries.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

54 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

No doubt.  I think if you brought all the "major developers" in a room and asked who was doing MMUN, they'd all point to each other and say "I thought YOU were doing it"   (so by thinking "Someone" was doing it...all were not doing it...hence no MMUN) :unsure:

Very sad we don't have one to fly to in flightsim as it's one of the most popular vacation destinations for most north/south American countries.

Well it must be your lucky day since Fsimstudios just announced on their FB page they are doing Cancun!

• Like 1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

it's one of the most popular vacation destinations for most north/south American countries. 

I'd say WAS one of the most popular.  I believe it's now been added to the US State Department list of travel warnings (as in Don't Travel There)... lol

But I agree... it would be nice to have a very good airport scenery for it.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I believe it's now been added to the US State Department list of travel warnings (as in Don't Travel There)... lol

I think its primarily regarding the touristy areas of Cancun proper.  I'd agree with that, but there is more to Cancun that just Cancun city to vacation at. :) 

Cool airport to fly into regardless (as I've been there a few times and enjoyed it a lot), and we need more tropical places to fly to in flghtsim,   

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

Well it must be your lucky day since Fsimstudios just announced on their FB page they are doing Cancun!

Thanks for the heads up Shom!

II hope if they make the scenery they'll also do the surrounding areas including downtown Cancun and at lease Playa.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'd say WAS one of the most popular.  I believe it's now been added to the US State Department list of travel warnings (as in Don't Travel There)... lol

But I agree... it would be nice to have a very good airport scenery for it.

I think they're gonna be filming "8 Heads in a Duffel Bag 2" there shortly.  😄

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Casablanca! - Long Over Due. Hope FSDG upgrades this to full fledged version instead of lite.

Auckland - Overdue as well but there have been many changes to this airport ala O'Hare which make it difficult for a developer without knowing what the final design will be.

I'd really like to see Burbank KBUR and an updated KPHL.

• Like 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

I think they're gonna be filming "8 Heads in a Duffel Bag 2" there shortly.  😄

Yeah, I saw that. Sad but true.

Back in the 70's and early 80's I used to head for Mexico quite frequently... and LOVED it.  But it seems that nothing ever get better as time goes by, just worse.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Flightbeam Studios has announced on their FB page that they will be making Portland! I had a payware PDX scenery in FS9 (It came with 3 other smaller airports near by) and I LOVED IT! I miss it so very much. It will be nice to get PDX back.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?18577-Flightbeam-Studios-Showcases-KPDX-Scenery

Edited by Joseph29
added link

I'm looking for any airports in the Philippines.  I wish Orbx would do the PI similar to the way they did PNG.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Hi guys,

Strangely, ORBX have not produced and/or released YPPH since my last contribution on this topic LOL

In the meantime I have loaded and tried all the YPPH downloads in AVsim and Flightsim libraries. However, they all have grass taxiways and some grass hardstands complete with jetways. The building layouts seem to be ok (not up to ORBX standards though) 

Can someone please advise me on what is going wrong with this installation.  I have installed it manually through the addon scenery folder and also using Lorbi-si add on manager.  Both give me identical results.

If possible and assuming that these grass taxiways are normal, can somebody give me a link to a good YPPH scenery to keep me going till ORBX do the right thing by us YPPH lovers.

Also apologies if this is not the right topic to air my query but it did seem to me to be appropriate.

Thanks guys

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Kathmandu... to go along with my twin otter and Lukla 

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

6 hours ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Kathmandu... to go along with my twin otter and Lukla 

Thai Creations version of Kathmandu isnt bad

• Like 1

11 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Hi guys,

Strangely, ORBX have not produced and/or released YPPH since my last contribution on this topic LOL

In the meantime I have loaded and tried all the YPPH downloads in AVsim and Flightsim libraries. However, they all have grass taxiways and some grass hardstands complete with jetways. The building layouts seem to be ok (not up to ORBX standards though) 

Can someone please advise me on what is going wrong with this installation.  I have installed it manually through the addon scenery folder and also using Lorbi-si add on manager.  Both give me identical results.

If possible and assuming that these grass taxiways are normal, can somebody give me a link to a good YPPH scenery to keep me going till ORBX do the right thing by us YPPH lovers.

Also apologies if this is not the right topic to air my query but it did seem to me to be appropriate.

Thanks guys

Tony

Assuming you’re in p3dv4 it sounds like the airports are not compatible and the taxiways etc are not being recognized by p3d.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Republic of Ireland...

ANY airport, the Republic(outside of EGAA/EGAC) has to be the must undeveloped country in Europe when it comes to P3Dv4.

3 majors and a host of regionals yet our small little slice of the FS world goes unwanted by developers.

Shame.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SquawkModeCharlie said:

has to be the must undeveloped country in Europe when it comes to P3Dv4

Not really. 🙂 I'm afraid we don't have any decent scenery for Albania, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Czech Republic, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovakia or Ukraine, either.

• Like 3