Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What SCENERY are you still waiting for (P3dv4.3)?

On 10/24/2018 at 12:21 PM, Drumcode said:

Today's update on MMUN from FSS. 

- Modelling and texturing for MMUN is 90% done. Once it's finished, we will start working on the ground polygon (the most time-consuming task) as well as the hotel area.

- Followed by the release of MMUN, we will work on CYEG. This project has been in standby for almost a year.

- Both sceneries will NOT be developed for FSX. Only P3D v3 and v4. Period.

- The future is heading to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean... LM__

Wow I'm thrilled they're doing YEG.  I liked their YYC scenery and have been waiting on a YEG.  They killed it with Panama so my hopes are high.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

On 9/21/2018 at 3:42 PM, Pugilist2 said:

FlyTampa KLAS!

Something must be seriously wrong with the development of FT KLAS, it is taking FAR too long for a scenery... especially For Flytampa. 

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

Something must be seriously wrong with the development of FT KLAS, it is taking FAR too long for a scenery... especially For Flytampa. 

No.  It's the fact that many (even most?) of the high(er) quality airport designers are not large companies with plenty of people working on a project.  And they may not be even doing it full time.  Heck, it took the current developer of KLAS almost 2 years to just provide an "update" to their current KLAS (add a new terminal).  And even then, they didn't change the runway numbers to the new ones that changed 8 months before the update release (along with the new ILS frequency that doesn't agree with any Navigraph real-world data that gets loaded into my sim's FMCs now).  Nor did they move the Tower View to the location of the new control tower (the old one had already been demolished by the time of the update).  Both of those changes took me only a couple minutes using ADE after I got the update from the developer.  Why didn't they do it in those same couple of minutes?

Many of even the best airport developers today don't have the manpower to provide "current" versions of their products in a "timely manner".  KORD hasn't been anywhere near what it has been real world for the past 3 years (I use a freeware AFCAD now that is correct instead of the payware airport anymore).  And we STILL don't have an "update" for the payware KORD.  And we aren't talking something minor like the location of a gate or parking stand.  It's a whole new runway layout, which is what an airport is about in the first place.  But we have cute little passengers that will now exit the airplane and walk down the steps to a waiting bus.  Oh, well.... 😀

Edited by FalconAF
  • Like 1

Rick Ryan

2 hours ago, FalconAF said:

But we have cute little passengers that will now exit the airplane and walk down the steps to a waiting bus.  Oh, well.... 😀

GSX Level 2 sold in its first month more than the original KORD in 10 YEARS. And than the original GSX in its first year...

- Users have voted with their wallets.

- Users are always right.

- As I predicted, while the most obvious new feature (and the main reason why people are buying it) in GSX Level 2 is the animated passengers, the one that took us more effort, and the one which is *really* the most interesting feature, is the Jetway editor.

Unfortunately, user perception of what is easy and what is not, and what is worth their money, doesn't always (if ever) match the real development effort.

And even then, they didn't change the runway numbers to the new ones that changed 8 months before the update release (along with the new ILS frequency that doesn't agree with any Navigraph real-world data that gets loaded into my sim's FMCs now).

Of course we changed them! I believe there are some ground markings still left to fix with the old numbers, but the runway numbers have been updated.

You said "Navigraph", may I remind you that is a SUBSCRIPTION service, while KLAS is not and it was updated for FREE?

Would be ok for you to pay for a subscription service, similar to Navigraph, but for scenery ? This is a serious question.

Navigraph only has to pay to license the data, and share their costs with users but, after the software works, the update cycles don't require much human intervention. Doing this for a scenery could probably be more expensive so, I'm not sure how many users would be prepared to pay for it, especially considering that a scenery developer could only conceivably keep updated his own stuff, nobody could possibly offer a global service, which is probably  the only thing users would be prepared to pay monthly fees for. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 10/26/2018 at 4:08 AM, virtuali said:

GSX Level 2 sold in its first month more than the original KORD in 10 YEARS. And than the original GSX in its first year...

- Users have voted with their wallets.

- Users are always right.

- As I predicted, while the most obvious new feature (and the main reason why people are buying it) in GSX Level 2 is the animated passengers, the one that took us more effort, and the one which is *really* the most interesting feature, is the Jetway editor.

Unfortunately, user perception of what is easy and what is not, and what is worth their money, doesn't always (if ever) match the real development effort.

Of course we changed them! I believe there are some ground markings still left to fix with the old numbers, but the runway numbers have been updated.

You said "Navigraph", may I remind you that is a SUBSCRIPTION service, while KLAS is not and it was updated for FREE?

Would be ok for you to pay for a subscription service, similar to Navigraph, but for scenery ? This is a serious question.

Navigraph only has to pay to license the data, and share their costs with users but, after the software works, the update cycles don't require much human intervention. Doing this for a scenery could probably be more expensive so, I'm not sure how many users would be prepared to pay for it, especially considering that a scenery developer could only conceivably keep updated his own stuff, nobody could possibly offer a global service, which is probably  the only thing users would be prepared to pay monthly fees for. 

Thanks for the KLAS update. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Taxi2Gate MUVR and I'd love the freeware Holguin on AVSIM converted. I miss those ones badly. 

Orlando Cityscape....

I’m waiting....

and waiting....

and waiting....

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Orlando Cityscape is out already.

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

I wait for Africa and Asia landclass, because I have a Flightsimulator, no Airportsimulator 😉

Stephan from Germany

My System

2 hours ago, sal9000 said:

I wait for Africa and Asia landclass, because I have a Flightsimulator, no Airportsimulator

I thought you have a landclass simulator? 😀

8 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I thought you have a landclass simulator? 😀

In fact, I like a good landclass, and I like standard-airport, because they got all I need (Runway, Parking-lot) , no popping polygon-monsters and there are realy framefriendly.

And thats the deal with flightsims, you can made it, like you want. 😎

Edited by sal9000

Stephan from Germany

My System

I'd say Quito or a newer MMMX. I like difficult approaches. Altitude fields are among them. Will buy SCEL soon hopefully, and since I went to mexico often as a kid it'll bring many memories back , specially with an AFR 744...

Another one would be Imaginesim KLAX. FSDTs has been out for too long, yet I feel it's very outdated features-wise. Hopefully we can get KORD this quarter, as it's another one i'm counting on as well. I am very  demanding on that one however. It has taken them so long, that it must be nice and have good fsp